Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Hot Diggity Dog!!! Just signed up for the Hotrod tour

Reply To Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    brianrupnow is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1931 Roadster Pickup

Hot Diggity Dog!!! Just signed up for the Hotrod tour

I just sent off my registration for the Canadian Rodder hotrod tour that is going from Ontario down to the Atlantic Nationals in Moncton, New Brunswick, in July. We leave Whitby, Ontario on 03 July and drive to Perth where there will be a lunch stop and I pick up my buddy Doug, then on to Ottawa to stay overnight. Next day the tour drives across Quebec and down to Rivier De Loup (650KM) for an overnite stay, then on the third day to Miramichi, New Brunswick. The tour will continue from there to P.E.I., but Doug and I will leave and drive straight down to Moncton. I checked it out on Mapquest, and it is exactly 1000 miles from Barrie down to Moncton. A long drive for a couple of old poops in a roadster pickup, but I think it will be an excellent adventure!!!! Brian
    Old guy hot rodder

jyardgirl is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1971 monte carlo

sounds like a great trip Brian. Should make alot of great memories.
    BARB

LET THE FUN BEGIN

I am excited about this. Before this, the wife and kids and I all holidayed together each year, and loved it. The last 6 years, our kids have gradually all left to persue lives of their own, and wife and I have holidayed once a year, together. Now, without kids, and enjoying reasonably good health, we find that we have more both money and more time than we have ever had before. This means that wife and I can holiday together a couple of times a year, and I can still find time to do a week or 10 day holiday tour with a buddy.This is a new thing for me, and it feels a bit strange to be doing it---I guess its one more step in the evolution of a marriage.
    Old guy hot rodder

Itoldyouso is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '27 ford/'39 dodge/ '23 t

There are some benefits to getting older, aren't there Brian? You actually get to do some things for just you every once in a while.

That trip sounds fantastic. Please take lots of pictures and maybe a video too. Your rod is made for traveling, so you should have a great time.

Don

As of todays date, there are 62 hotrods registered for the tour. I am usually more of a "Lone Wolf" in my rodding activities, but this should be fun, to travel with a group of rods across the country.
    Old guy hot rodder

Brian, I'm a loner too, but when I belonged to the car club my favorite activity was to cruise to some distant show with about 15 other cars. People who see you on the road go nuts, but you have to be careful, some of them get so engrossed they almost run you off the road!

Don

Damn---Only one day since I registered and all ready I'm making changes---I talked to my buddy in Perth, and we have decided to stay with the tour for the entire trip.--Original plan was to stay with the tour to Miramichi and then strike out on out own to the Atlantic Nationals, but due to the time lag between when the tour gets to Miramichi and the beginning of the Atlantic Nats, it makes more sense for us to stay with the tour all the way down AND back thru the states.
    Old guy hot rodder

Well Sir!!! We're really ready to go now. I took the hotrod over today and got the clock set.---Yeah, I bought that radio 5 years ago, and I still haven't figured out what buttons to frig with to set the time on the damned thing. It loses about 20 minutes over the winter, and every spring I have to go over and get the guy that sold me the radio to set the clock. This time I wrote it down so that maybe next year I can set it myself.----If I can remember next year where I wrote it down.
    Old guy hot rodder

falconvan is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 48 Plymouth, 48,54 Heap

Sounds like a great trip, Brian. I'll send some safe travel prayers your way. Send pictures!

jyardgirl is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1971 monte carlo

have a great and safe time Brian. and like falcon said take lots of pics. Do not feel bad about the clock. i can build a full computer system but can not figure out how to set my car radio clock either.
    BARB

LET THE FUN BEGIN

Hey Brian, you are getting close to July 3rd. Bet you're getting excited. Tell us a little more about this cruise.

Don

Stu Cool is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '53 Studebaker Custom w/LS1

I am quite envious Have a great time!

Pat
    Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!

Well fellows, its being organized by Canadian Rodder, a web based club that originates in Unionville, Ontario which is near Toronto. I believe that currently there are about 85 hotrods registered to go. The $100 fee to join covers the cost of a tow/service vehicle which will accompany us, and the administration to set up hotels, meetings with other clubs on the way down, etcetera.
    The first leg of the trip leaves Whitby, Ontario (near Toronto) at 8:00 Friday morning, and travels to out nations capital, Ottawa, where we spend the first night (about 300 miles). On the way to Ottawa, we pass thru the town of Perth, where I will pick up my old hot rod buddy Doug, who will travel with me. Next day we drive to the far side of Quebec province to a city called Riviere Du Loup to spend the night. Next day takes us to Miramichi, New Brunswick. The day after that we drive to and accross the new 26 Kilometer long Confederation Bridge to Prince Edward Island and stay overnite in Charlottetown, PEI. Next day we drive to North Sydney, Nova Scotia. The following day we drive around the entire Cabot Trail and stay in North Sydney again that night. On day #7 we drive from North Sydney Nova Scotia to Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Day 8 we drive to Moncton, New brunswick and spend 2 days at the Nationals. On day 10 we cross into USA and drive from Moncton to Bangor, Maine. Day 11 takes us to Plattsburgh, New York, and day 12 takes us from Plattsburgh back to Cornwall in eastern Ontario. I will stay overnight at my buddies place in Perth, Ontario, and then home to Barrie the next day (or if I'm not too tired, I will travel north to Bancroft to see my 89 year old mother before continuing on home). I checked it out on Mapquest, and it looks like 2500 miles, round trip.---wish me luck.
    Old guy hot rodder

WOw, sounds like a great trip................long but great. Have a fun, safe trip and take lots of pictures for us stay-at-homes. Before you leave you better pick you up some of this stuff.

Don
    Attached Images

IC2
    IC2 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

Brian - what is the actual date you will be in Plattsburgh, NY (also the hotel). We have our camper 'seasonaled' about 30 miles South of there and if we are "in residence" that day, I would like to drive up and actually meet you in person
    Dave W
    I am now gone from this forum for now - finally have pulled the plug

Reply To Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast