Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

  •  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

 
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 427 tall deck
          
   
   

Reply To Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    pat mccarthy's Avatar
    pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bay city
    Posts
    10,546

    i do not charge any more to bore/hone with deck plate . a 10.200 block then a 9.800 block. i have bore tru plates that would add some to the bore job if you want it . Decking with bhj tru-deck the same as any v8 .same for line bore .BUT i do not know were you live could be more or less then my price so realy no need for me to post my prices . i sell on ebay on on my face book McCarthy performance if you like to look at engines some of my builds . so i have parts new and used for mosty bbc but i do ford and stock some parts to . i machine and build engines for a living .... Jerry as well..... i am sure one of us can get you on the right path . the 4.375 bore was not the bore size that i wanted but customer did not want to throw the block out sonic checked that block was not great number but ok thrust sides were over .200 and did a short fill with block rock .if your block is at std then 030 over would be around 4.280bore size then 060 would be a 4.310 pistons and ring s are not hard to find and have a nother bore and re build like Jerry said
    Last edited by pat mccarthy; 03-10-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

  2. #17
    jerry clayton's Avatar
    jerry clayton is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bartlett
    Posts
    6,794

    Pat---he's over in New York--could cut thru Canada at Niagra Falls and back out near Detroit???


    Hows the snow?????????????

  3. #18
    pat mccarthy's Avatar
    pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bay city
    Posts
    10,546

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry clayton View Post
    Pat---he's over in New York--could cut thru Canada at Niagra Falls and back out near Detroit???


    Hows the snow?????????????
    lot of snow last week plied up to and leve to road signs on some of the roads out by the shop but today 50 out and water and alot of busted up roads from the ice and very cold winter how about you ?
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

  4. #19
    joede870 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    lake george
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by pat mccarthy View Post
    i do not charge any more to bore/hone with deck plate . a 10.200 block then a 9.800 block. i have bore tru plates that would add some to the bore job if you want it . Decking with bhj tru-deck the same as any v8 .same for line bore .BUT i do not know were you live could be more or less then my price so realy no need for me to post my prices . i sell on ebay on on my face book McCarthy performance if you like to look at engines some of my builds . so i have parts new and used for mosty bbc but i do ford and stock some parts to . i machine and build engines for a living .... Jerry as well..... i am sure one of us can get you on the right path . the 4.375 bore was not the bore size that i wanted but customer did not want to throw the block out sonic checked that block was not great number but ok thrust sides were over .200 and did a short fill with block rock .if your block is at std then 030 over would be around 4.280bore size then 060 would be a 4.310 pistons and ring s are not hard to find and have a nother bore and re build like Jerry said
    ok thanks il post the price on here to make sure I'm not getting ripped off if everything goes right i will be able to do a 350 sbc and the 427 between this year and next,

  5. #20
    joede870 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    lake george
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by pat mccarthy View Post
    i do not charge any more to bore/hone with deck plate . a 10.200 block then a 9.800 block. i have bore tru plates that would add some to the bore job if you want it . Decking with bhj tru-deck the same as any v8 .same for line bore .BUT i do not know were you live could be more or less then my price so realy no need for me to post my prices . i sell on ebay on on my face book McCarthy performance if you like to look at engines some of my builds . so i have parts new and used for mosty bbc but i do ford and stock some parts to . i machine and build engines for a living .... Jerry as well..... i am sure one of us can get you on the right path . the 4.375 bore was not the bore size that i wanted but customer did not want to throw the block out sonic checked that block was not great number but ok thrust sides were over .200 and did a short fill with block rock .if your block is at std then 030 over would be around 4.280bore size then 060 would be a 4.310 pistons and ring s are not hard to find and have a nother bore and re build like Jerry said
    lol if your near Detroit my buddy is from there and he suped of his 351 winsor in his 98 ford lightning and runs 9's at our local strip with the help of some nitrous lol.

  6. #21
    hotrod68SS is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    18

    Jfhfhrhfjffjfnff
    Last edited by hotrod68SS; 04-15-2014 at 10:47 PM.

  7. #22
    jerry clayton's Avatar
    jerry clayton is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bartlett
    Posts
    6,794

    I don't do any iron heads for racing anymore--they are too heavy====and besides any performance you might gain there is the added advantage of taking static weight off the car-


    And they are too heavy for me to move them anymore--------------
    Z/RAT likes this.

  8. #23
    hotrod68SS is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    18

    Nfhfhrjfjddjfj r
    Last edited by hotrod68SS; 04-15-2014 at 10:46 PM.

  9. #24
    pat mccarthy's Avatar
    pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bay city
    Posts
    10,546

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry clayton View Post
    I don't do any iron heads for racing anymore--they are too heavy====and besides any performance you might gain there is the added advantage of taking static weight off the car-


    And they are too heavy for me to move them anymore--------------
    yes this here after 50 i on longer like to work on big iron heads .the iron world O port head are about 10 pound over a stock bbc iron head play with them world heads all day hurts
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

Reply To Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Links monetized by VigLink