Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

  •  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

 
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By DennyW

Thread: any one know where I can find these headlight buckets/trim rings 37-39 Ford
          
   
   

Reply To Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mjeds is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Downey
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1939 Ford Tudor Sedan; 2015 Lexus RCF
    Posts
    109

    any one know where I can find these headlight buckets/trim rings 37-39 Ford

     



    I have the standard buckets which I have converted to sealed beam behind the clear glass lens.

    headlight-3.JPG

    I like the look of these better and can't find the buckets or trim rings any where.

    headlight-1.JPG

    Anyone know where I can find these ^^^^




    I'm not a fan of this version which I see everywhere:

    headlight-2.JPG

  2. #2
    DennyW is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    city
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 chevy truck
    Posts
    985

  3. #3
    mjeds is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Downey
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1939 Ford Tudor Sedan; 2015 Lexus RCF
    Posts
    109

    that is what I already have, though I have the clear lens.

    I am looking for these:

    headlight-1.JPG

    37 ford.jpg
    Last edited by mjeds; 11-06-2018 at 05:45 PM.

  4. #4
    mjeds is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Downey
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1939 Ford Tudor Sedan; 2015 Lexus RCF
    Posts
    109

    found them


    it's a frenched in head lamp kit from Hagan accessories.

  5. #5
    DennyW is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    city
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 chevy truck
    Posts
    985

    You showed chrome ones... hahaha. I thought that was what you wanted. Otherwise... https://www.ebay.com/i/392152378260?chn=ps

  6. #6
    mjeds is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Downey
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1939 Ford Tudor Sedan; 2015 Lexus RCF
    Posts
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by DennyW View Post
    You showed chrome ones... hahaha. I thought that was what you wanted. Otherwise... https://www.ebay.com/i/392152378260?chn=ps
    yeah it was all I could find.


    I have shattered the glass on my headlights twice and scratched the paint in multiple places, trying to remove the trim rings so I can adjust the sealed beams..

    @ $140 a pair, I've had it, the design of the headlights is the most asinine thing I have ever seen, the trim ring snaps into place and is held on with a single bolt at the bottom, but after sitting for several months they get fused to the metal bucket and removing them takes an act of god.

  7. #7
    DennyW is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    city
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 chevy truck
    Posts
    985

    I learned long ago. Anytime screws, bolts are going to be outside, or where they will get moisture, I use Anti-seize compound on them. No problems after that.

  8. #8
    mjeds is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Downey
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1939 Ford Tudor Sedan; 2015 Lexus RCF
    Posts
    109

    Itís not the bolts itís the snap on clips that are the issue.

    Your supposed to be able to turn the trim ring counter clockwise 1/4 - 1/2 inch to release it. But the top clamp gets seized to the ring and wonít allow you to turn it. Too much pressure cracks the glass because itís pressure seated against the trim ring.

  9. #9
    DennyW is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    city
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 chevy truck
    Posts
    985

    Quote Originally Posted by mjeds View Post
    Itís not the bolts itís the snap on clips that are the issue.

    Your supposed to be able to turn the trim ring counter clockwise 1/4 - 1/2 inch to release it. But the top clamp gets seized to the ring and wonít allow you to turn it. Too much pressure cracks the glass because itís pressure seated against the trim ring.
    I should have said, anything that turns, or slides, or moves, gets Anti-seize. hahaha.
    NTFDAY, TOW'D, randyr and 1 others like this.

  10. #10
    daveS53 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    425

    Not what you want, but I found my Juliano's polycarbonate lenses to be trouble free. I used a thin stainless steel washer under the bucket, at each mounting screw, to raise the bucket a little. Removal is no problem. The stainless steel rings are from gear head. I also have Juliano's turn signal inside the bucket. They are a pain to get cut to the right shape, after the headlights are aimed.


    Last edited by daveS53; 11-08-2018 at 12:51 PM.

  11. #11
    mjeds is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Downey
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1939 Ford Tudor Sedan; 2015 Lexus RCF
    Posts
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by daveS53 View Post
    Not what you want, but I found my Juliano's polycarbonate lenses to be trouble free. I used a thin stainless steel washer under the bucket, at each mounting screw, to raise the bucket a little. Removal is no problem. The stainless steel rings are from gear head. I also have Juliano's turn signal inside the bucket. They are a pain to get cut to the right shape, after the headlights are aimed.

    https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4858/...c8d117f1_m.jpg
    do you have any larger or closer up pictures?

  12. #12
    DennyW is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    city
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 chevy truck
    Posts
    985

    Quote Originally Posted by mjeds View Post
    do you have any larger or closer up pictures?
    I hope he doesn't mind, but I enlarged it and cleared it up a little for you to see.

    headlights2.jpg

  13. #13
    daveS53 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    425

    How are you posting pictures these days? I used to get great results from photobucket, but it's a mess now. I changed the address to a higher resolution picture, but it's still small. I don't see any way to enlarge the picture on flickr.

    http://www.clubhotrod.com/photopost/...m/DSC00721.JPG
    Last edited by daveS53; 11-08-2018 at 12:50 PM.

  14. #14
    mjeds is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Downey
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1939 Ford Tudor Sedan; 2015 Lexus RCF
    Posts
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by daveS53 View Post
    How are you posting pictures these days? I used to get great results from photobucket, but it's a mess now. I changed the address to a higher resolution picture, but it's still small. I don't see any way to enlarge the picture on flickr.

    I use the forums own manage attachments feature which is at the bottom if you are in advanced posting mode.

  15. #15
    DennyW is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    city
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 chevy truck
    Posts
    985

    A little bigger...

    DSC007212.jpg

Reply To Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Links monetized by VigLink