Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

  •  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show


49 Ford Fathead V8 Bellhousing

  1. Jim63
    I have a 49 flatty V 8 . On the left head is embossed "8 B A" i've been told it is from a truck. Is there any other bellhousing that will work on it with having to buy an original. Just because of the cost. I have a T 10 tranny from a mid 80s S 10 to go behind motor.
  2. Flathead4d
    Any 49 thru 53 bell housing will work. Some are cast iron and some are stamped steel. The 8-BA is a car engine. Trucks are usually 8-RT. That doesn't mean it still isn't a truck engine as a lot of head swapping was done back then. As far as the T-10 trans goes, I'm not sure if you would need an adapter or not. I know the four speed top loaders (seventy's era) will bolt right up to the stock bell housing. I have a 93 Mustang T-5 on my 8-BA but you need an adapter.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Links monetized by VigLink