Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Anyone use Holley SystemMax II?

Reply To Thread
    vettegofast is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

Question Anyone use Holley SystemMax II?

Hello everyone,
    I have been looking at Holleys systemax II. They qoute 425/425 on HP and TQ which is right up my alley. I think thats on a 350cid SBC? It comes with the heads, intake, cam, lifters, pushrods, timing set, almost everything but the carb. No guest work if they the components will work together or not. Its like $1500. Any suggestions on this kit? Thanks.

riverhorse59 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 64 Impala SS

I think that system may give you a choice of a couple different Lunati cams,It looks like a good buy to me. If you need everything anyway then the kit makes a lot of sense .The Etech 170 also looks like a real good head for a 350. That head even did great on Super Chevys test on the 427 small block.

Thanks for the reply. The cam that it comes with is pretty wild. You have to rev to 6100 RPM to reach the max HP. I am curious how this motor would do on the street as far as drivability w/ a 2000 stall, cam milage, etc. I would assume idle would be a little choppy. My goal is mid to low 12's in the 1/4 with my 84 Corvette.

mr_picklz is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 53 Chevy

my dad has that in his 68 Camaro. the idle is quite rough and it sounds absolutly awesome through a set of Flowmasters. It was in the car when we bought it so im not sure what kind of stall it has in it.

I figured the idle would be rough with that much overlap. Does it do well on the street? Whats his cruising speed/RPM?

it hasnt been driven very much since we've had it. its been in the paint shop for a while. i should be done painting it next week some time and ill tell you what its like on the street.

well, we finally got the car back! i took it for a spin and was quite impressed. it does idle rough and a torque converter would be nice. as soon as you hit about 3000 rpm it really takes off, there is no tach so im not really sure where i was shifting at.

techinspector1 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '32 Henway

Go here and see combinations 11-16. These are dyno'd combos from the Air Flow Research site. Note the rpm's where max torque is achieved. As you're aware, on a street motor, you're lookin' for max torque rather than max hp and you want it down low where you can use it. I read a Car Craft article on the SysteMAX, they seemed to have a little trouble pulling the dyno numbers that Holley claims. Of course, the price is right on the Holley combo......
    http://www.ryanscarpage.50megs.com/combos2.html
    PLANET EARTH, INSANE ASYLUM FOR THE UNIVERSE.

Reply To Thread