Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: chevy

Reply To Thread
    demetrice askew is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

chevy

i have 350 4 bolt main bored 60 over speed-pro pistons floated pins i had a set of dart iron eagles head 230cc 64 cc but i sold them and bought me a set of double hump heads had them ported and dual springs shaved to 58 cc i had like 10to1compression i dont know what the compression going to be now and i have 1.5 harland sharp roller rockers manley guide plates 2.02 and 1.60 valves and a lunati cam .517/.543 lift solid lift cam do u all think this would be a good race engine and do u all think that i would have to change push rods with these heads because my dart heads had flat guide plates and these have the raised guideplates i have the crane moly push rods stock length im going to put the motor a 1986 grandprix and i have a 2800 stall what do u all think
    Last edited by demetrice askew; 01-25-2006 at 02:28 PM.
    meat1037

73RS is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 73 camaro RS

Doesn't sound bad. Why did you get rid of the iron eagle heads? Those would work great for a race engine. I'm not a fan of the camel hump heads. They work ok but those 230 cc iron eagles would have been good for a race engine. Don't over heat your engine, 230 degrees and your highly likely to crack the camel humps in the intake valve seat. I had that happen to many of them. I'm not a big fan of a .060 350 but you might have a good block and be ok there. What duration cam are you running, with that lift I suspect it's pretty high? With 58CC heads no a 360 you might get some pretty high compression depending on your pistons and deck height. ARe you planning on using race fuel or trying for a pump gas motor?

MadMax is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1983 Chevy 5,7l G20

It will work if you race it "mildly". Weekends on the track won't be a problem, but if you're planning to run it more often, then you'll be needing better heads, the Darts would have been very good value for the money.
    And there's no way you can run this on pump gas, you'll need either racing fuel or you might just try with premium, depending on the octane rating. That is, if your pistons are flat-top, then you'll have over 11:1 CR. With iron heads that's too much.
    Give us more details on you driving needs and we'll be able to say more,
    Mad
    Harharhar...

demetrice askew is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

i will try good pump gas if i could 278/288cam d.
    meat1037

Reply To Thread