Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: small block 350

Reply To Thread
    demetrice askew is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

small block 350

i need help i have a350 bored 60 over with speed-pro pistons floated pins 2 relief 10.0 com and dart iron eagles head 230cc 2.05/1.60 64cc but i haven`t found a good cam building for drag racing in an 8 of mile track and what size crab would u all think i will need and how much hp do u all think i will have thank u all
    meat1037

techinspector1 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '32 Henway

Demetrice, I don't know if you were in a trance and missed all the discussion on this subject, but we beat it into submission on this thread.....
    http://www.clubhotrod.com/forums/t20957-15&pagenumber=1
    PLANET EARTH, INSANE ASYLUM FOR THE UNIVERSE.

erik erikson is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: BLOWN 540 57 CHEVY

Re: small block 350

Originally posted by demetrice askew
    i need help i have a350 bored 60 over with speed-pro pistons floated pins 2 relief 10.0 com and dart iron eagles head 230cc 2.05/1.60 64cc but i haven`t found a good cam building for drag racing in an 8 of mile track and what size crab would u all think i will need and how much hp do u all think i will have thank u all
    GO BACK AND TAKE A LOOK AT SOME OF OUR OLD POSTS FROM ABOUT A MONTH AGO.ABOUT CARB SIZE.EVERYONE AND I MEAN EVERYONE PUT IN THEIR IDEAS AT LEAST 3 TO 4 TIMES.

lt1s10 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1997 CHEVY.S10 LT1-350

read this askew. it goes for all carb. use 90% on the "VE" that will get you in the ball park. dont know about the HP. http://www.442.com/oldsfaq/ofcrb.htm
    Mike
    check my home page out!!!
    http://hometown.aol.com/kanhandco2/index.html

techinspector1 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '32 Henway

Alright, I'll go at this again. The heads you have will make power from 4,500 to 8,500, so you need a cam to match that powerband. If you wanted to cheap-by, you could use a solid flat tappet grind (a hydraulic cam will not rev past about 6,500, even a hydraulic roller) or a solid roller if you are bucks-up. Let's say you want to cheap it, here's a solid flat tappet to use with the heads.....
    http://www.cranecams.com/?show=brows...tType=camshaft
    You'll have to change the static compression ratio to at least 12.5:1 in order for this cam to work. You'll also need a minimum 900 cfm carb (figure 800-900 bucks) bolted to a Victor E intake.
    Oh yeah, and figure on some gears somewhere in the 5:1 range depending on tire size and 800-1,000 bucks for a 5,000 stall race converter.
    Of course, none of this stuff will stay together without forged pistons, aftermarket steel rods and a good forged steel crank secured with 4-bolt mains.
    But hey, at least you got to use the heads, right?
    Last edited by techinspector1; 12-04-2005 at 10:13 PM.
    PLANET EARTH, INSANE ASYLUM FOR THE UNIVERSE.

Reply To Thread