Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Hamb?

Reply To Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    GulfCoastGasser is offline Registered User Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by highboy32
    There are plenty of those types on almost any board, sometimes you just have to ignore them. And usually those that "try to come across as the messiahs of all hot rodding" are either right, or more than likely, will be seen and ignored as one of the posers.

Even on the internet, eventually you can tell a prince from a pig.

Oh so true... but the day of reckoning can be slow coming...

Gusaroo is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

I am also on the HAMB. I agree, its a tough crowd, but if you come to expect it, it's no problem.

My problem with that board is the speed at which the posts drop off, there is so much traffic on there it makes it difficult to follow an interesting thread, or get a question answered (I know, someone already mentioned that, but figured I'd concur)

I did banter with Jesse James on there, which is pretty cool.

Last edited by Gusaroo; 10-02-2008 at 09:01 AM.

ford2custom is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1950 Ford 2dr. Custom

There is another side of the HAMB, as I’ve seen when someone needs prayers for a family member, or friend they jump right in with support. If someone is having trouble on the road they put the word out and someone will come to help.

Richard

mopar34 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 Ply PE sdn; 57 Olds 88 J2

Richard wrote:
    There is another side of the HAMB, as I’ve seen when someone needs prayers for a family member, or friend they jump right in with support. If someone is having trouble on the road they put the word out and someone will come to help.

All of the boards that I am a member of will send prayers when prayers are requested or needed. But I have witnessed HAMB members taking it even further. They will provide things for a HAMB auction with proceeds to go to a person of need. They have collected funds to help pay for the medical cost or a funeral of someone in a member's family. They have collected funds to buy a piece of equipment for a member who seems to always be there for other members in a time of need. Recently they requested that as many members as possible send cards to a member who was struggling with an illness.

It's not just prayers that they send, they also send parts, money and support to people in need. And their generosity seem nearly boundless for some. Imagine donating thousands of dollars to match the sum collected form all other members in order to aid a special cause or person.

Yes it is true that some of the HAMBer's are tough as nails and just as brash. But it is also true that many are the first to step up to help when real help is needed. And they aren't concerned about opening up their wallets, as well as their hearts, for those in troubled times.
    Bob

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail....but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying..."Damn....that was fun!

Gusaroo is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

The "HAMB relays" are a pretty cool idea too. Members will help deliver cars, parts or people from point A to point B by quickly organizing pickup and drop off points along the route. Beats the hell out of UPS or a greyhound bus.

ford2custom is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1950 Ford 2dr. Custom

Well said Bob.

Richard

pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery

well that is great they do all that.. but i did not stick around that long to find the good side of what they can do i am sure i not the only one. i click on to a post were they were railing this guy and evey one just gang up and beat the $hit out of him .just alot of B.S
    Last edited by pat mccarthy; 10-02-2008 at 12:07 PM.
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

HOTRODPAINT is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

I agree with Pat. I do not find the attacks and criticism entertaining. I go to these groups for enjoyment, and to share ideas and experiences. All I ask for is the common respect you would grant a person on the street. If the group isn't interested in doing that, and the moderators think that behavior is acceptable, I won't fit in anyway.

TooMany2count is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 48 Chevy 1ton Bus

Quote Originally Posted by mopar34
    Richard wrote:

All of the boards that I am a member of will send prayers when prayers are requested or needed. But I have witnessed HAMB members taking it even further. They will provide things for a HAMB auction with proceeds to go to a person of need. They have collected funds to help pay for the medical cost or a funeral of someone in a member's family. They have collected funds to buy a piece of equipment for a member who seems to always be there for other members in a time of need. Recently they requested that as many members as possible send cards to a member who was struggling with an illness.

It's not just prayers that they send, they also send parts, money and support to people in need. And their generosity seem nearly boundless for some. Imagine donating thousands of dollars to match the sum collected form all other members in order to aid a special cause or person.

Yes it is true that some of the HAMBer's are tough as nails and just as brash. But it is also true that many are the first to step up to help when real help is needed. And they aren't concerned about opening up their wallets, as well as their hearts, for those in troubled times.

Those folks over there have helped me out a couple of times in the past, not only w/prayers, just like you folks have done here, but one of the members went so far as to give me his airplane ticket credits making it possible for the wife & I getting to watch our son Joe graduate from Marine basic Training which is something I will never forget & saying thank you to him just didn't seem to justify his generosity.

The one out pouring of generosity that has amazed me & has made me cry more then once is the car they are building for a young kid named Hambandy all from donated parts. This young man is very ill and these guys came together to make his dream come true with building THIS CAR for him.

So regardless of what you may see or read a lot of those so called hardasses really do have a soft spot in their heart whether they want you to know it. You have to consider the source at times & just take some of the stuff that happens over there w/a grain of salt. Personally I can only think of one time where someone "tried" to hand me my ass because of a post I had made, but the over whelming response to what I posted was well received. I look at it this way, opinions are like assholes, it's just some stink worse then others....joe
    Donate Blood,Plasma,Platelets & sign your DONORS CARD & SAVE a LIFE

Two possibilities exist:
    Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.
    Both are equally terrifying.
    Arthur C. Clarke

pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery

there is good people still in the world and i was trying to say it could be better place with out the play gound B.S . the coarse words for younger ears ? some kid may want to lean how to do some things with out the shop words we use when doing the job .they can lean them on there own .i did saying them in the shop thats just shop talk in a form it just makes you look dumb
    Last edited by pat mccarthy; 10-02-2008 at 02:08 PM.
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

GulfCoastGasser is offline Registered User Visit my Photo Gallery

Thumbs up Agree

Quote Originally Posted by pat mccarthy
    well that is great they do all that.. but i did not stick around that long to find the good side of what they can do i am sure i not the only one. i click on to a post were they were railing this guy and evey one just gang up and beat the $hit out of him .just alot of B.S

Pat,

I fully agree. If I have to take a ton of "medicine" to get an ounce of "cure", it is just not worth it.
    There may be a few folks over there that know what they are talking about and feel like they have to administer advice with a kick in the pants, but the majority are posers that follow the pack mentality of jumping on a guy only once he is down.
    In the past folks like those needed a sheet to mask their really identity – today they use the web.

Reply To Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5