Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

  •  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

 
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: 302 Stroker??
          
   
   

Reply To Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 393
  1. #16
    randyr's Avatar
    randyr is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Car Year, Make, Model: 37 Ford tudor humpback
    Posts
    1,983

    So, Mike, can we assume you bought this engine?? If so, where are the pics and what are your intentions for it??
    "It is not much good thinking of a thing unless you think it out." - H.G. Wells

  2. #17
    34_40's Avatar
    34_40 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Bedford
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 Ford 3W Coupe Replica
    Posts
    13,441

    Quote Originally Posted by randyr View Post
    So, Mike, can we assume you bought this engine?? If so, where are the pics and what are your intentions for it??
    Sigh... I'll get there Randy! I promise!

    Patience Grasshopper... Patience!
    randyr likes this.

  3. #18
    34_40's Avatar
    34_40 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Bedford
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 Ford 3W Coupe Replica
    Posts
    13,441

    Picked up a pair of TFS Aluminum heads this week. So we'll set those aside and see what else we can find for this "brew"...

  4. #19
    randyr's Avatar
    randyr is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Car Year, Make, Model: 37 Ford tudor humpback
    Posts
    1,983

    Quote Originally Posted by 34_40 View Post
    Picked up a pair of TFS Aluminum heads this week. So we'll set those aside and see what else we can find for this "brew"...
    Mike, so here you are buying even more parts and you haven't even posted pics of the engine yet!!!

    Come on, don't be teasin' like that! It's not right!!!
    "It is not much good thinking of a thing unless you think it out." - H.G. Wells

  5. #20
    34_40's Avatar
    34_40 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Bedford
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 Ford 3W Coupe Replica
    Posts
    13,441

    It's just a motor Randy... besides, I need a few more "ingrediants" for the brew... patience... patience...

  6. #21
    34_40's Avatar
    34_40 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Bedford
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 Ford 3W Coupe Replica
    Posts
    13,441

    Just for Randy! I was feelin' bad that you were pinin' for pics again... So... here's what we're starting with, move out the rusty ugly stuff and bring in the new. LOL... In no particular order, I got antsy and wanted to see some progress, no matter how small.
    Attached Images

  7. #22
    rspears's Avatar
    rspears is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gardner, KS
    Car Year, Make, Model: '33 HiBoy Coupe
    Posts
    9,625

    That is one wicked intake! Does it have "SHELBY" cast in front of the left carb? The angle's not good enough to be sure.
    Roger
    Enjoy the little things in life, and you may look back one day and realize that they were really the BIG things.

  8. #23
    Dave Severson is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Madison
    Car Year, Make, Model: '67 Ranchero, '57 Chevy, '82 Camaro,
    Posts
    20,874

    Nice stuff, looks good and should run strong, too!
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, Live for Today!
    Carroll Shelby

    Learning must be difficult for those who already know it all!!!!

  9. #24
    randyr's Avatar
    randyr is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Car Year, Make, Model: 37 Ford tudor humpback
    Posts
    1,983

    Quote Originally Posted by 34_40 View Post
    Just for Randy! I was feelin' bad that you were pinin' for pics again... So... here's what we're starting with, move out the rusty ugly stuff and bring in the new. LOL... In no particular order, I got antsy and wanted to see some progress, no matter how small.
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!! I especially like the 4th pic down with your car lurking in the shadows....

    So, what are your intentions for this engine....or is that still a big secret?? Obviously, with that intake you're not considering it for your daily driver!!

    Thanks for the pics! I think it has potential.....
    "It is not much good thinking of a thing unless you think it out." - H.G. Wells

  10. #25
    34_40's Avatar
    34_40 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Bedford
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 Ford 3W Coupe Replica
    Posts
    13,441

    Quote Originally Posted by rspears View Post
    That is one wicked intake! Does it have "SHELBY" cast in front of the left carb? The angle's not good enough to be sure.
    Yes, it does! Known as a Shelby Ram Box over at the SAAC (shelby american auto club). Made in "69", a great year!

  11. #26
    34_40's Avatar
    34_40 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Bedford
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 Ford 3W Coupe Replica
    Posts
    13,441

    Quote Originally Posted by randyr View Post
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!! I especially like the 4th pic down with your car lurking in the shadows....

    So, what are your intentions for this engine....or is that still a big secret?? Obviously, with that intake you're not considering it for your daily driver!!

    Thanks for the pics! I think it has potential.....
    Secret?? Nope, no secret.. same old deal, save up as many pennies as possible and make the most bang for the buck! Usual hot rodder stuff right? The intake was available with dual or single quads. I haven't found a top plate for a single so I just may have to make one. I've also been considering swapping out the fours for dueces and see what it'll do?

    A friend ran a dual quads once, it was okay but I swear my single quad made more power and faster... we'll see what happens.. I'm pretty sure Don, Itoldyouso, also ran dual quads, but I'm not sure he was going to keep them.

    Potential? Sure! Just need to make up my mind and do a 331 or 347!

  12. #27
    randyr's Avatar
    randyr is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Car Year, Make, Model: 37 Ford tudor humpback
    Posts
    1,983

    Quote Originally Posted by 34_40 View Post
    Secret?? Nope, no secret.. same old deal, save up as many pennies as possible and make the most bang for the buck! Usual hot rodder stuff right? The intake was available with dual or single quads. I haven't found a top plate for a single so I just may have to make one. I've also been considering swapping out the fours for dueces and see what it'll do?

    A friend ran a dual quads once, it was okay but I swear my single quad made more power and faster... we'll see what happens.. I'm pretty sure Don, Itoldyouso, also ran dual quads, but I'm not sure he was going to keep them.

    Potential? Sure! Just need to make up my mind and do a 331 or 347!

    Ok, so here's the source of my confusion.....maybe I missed a post or something but I'm confused about where you're going to put this engine... Is it for your '34? cause I thought you were happy with the engine you have in there.

    So I keep referring to a "secret" because I was wondering if you had secretly picked up a '70 Maverick or a '63 Falcon or something to drop this baby in...

    So please pull the wool from my eyes or the cotton from my ears so I can stop making these dumbass remarks about your new engine.....
    "It is not much good thinking of a thing unless you think it out." - H.G. Wells

  13. #28
    34_40's Avatar
    34_40 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Bedford
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 Ford 3W Coupe Replica
    Posts
    13,441

    Quote Originally Posted by randyr View Post
    Ok, so here's the source of my confusion.....maybe I missed a post or something but I'm confused about where you're going to put this engine... Is it for your '34? cause I thought you were happy with the engine you have in there.

    So I keep referring to a "secret" because I was wondering if you had secretly picked up a '70 Maverick or a '63 Falcon or something to drop this baby in...

    So please pull the wool from my eyes or the cotton from my ears so I can stop making these dumbass remarks about your new engine.....
    AHHhhhh... now I see! Another car? Nope.. Bobby is the one who collects all the cars!

    I don't think I ever said I was unhappy with the motor in the 34 but... it's a 78 smog motor. runs ok. but.. it's a 78 smog motor.. and well... 347 roller cammed small block, in my best Tim Allen grunt, R-R-R-R-R more power! HAH any questions?

  14. #29
    randyr's Avatar
    randyr is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Car Year, Make, Model: 37 Ford tudor humpback
    Posts
    1,983

    Quote Originally Posted by 34_40 View Post
    AHHhhhh... now I see! Another car? Nope.. Bobby is the one who collects all the cars!

    I don't think I ever said I was unhappy with the motor in the 34 but... it's a 78 smog motor. runs ok. but.. it's a 78 smog motor.. and well... 347 roller cammed small block, in my best Tim Allen grunt, R-R-R-R-R more power! HAH any questions?
    Aaaahhhhh.....all the more reason to put some bigger tires on the back!!
    "It is not much good thinking of a thing unless you think it out." - H.G. Wells

  15. #30
    34_40's Avatar
    34_40 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Bedford
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 Ford 3W Coupe Replica
    Posts
    13,441

    Quote Originally Posted by randyr View Post
    Aaaahhhhh.....all the more reason to put some bigger tires on the back!!
    They're already on order! And like I tell my wife, " I do not need a reason, so don't try and analyze it!"

Reply To Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Links monetized by VigLink