Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 7.5 professional rebuild 15K miles no oil pressure at hot idle

Reply To Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NTFDAY is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '66 Mustang, 76 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by twolaneblacktop View Post
    Small world! Lebanon is a nice place today. Jazz and country music festivals in the streets in the summer. Santa comes to town in a Christmas horse drawn carriage parade in December.
    Got to get my truck fixed. I can't get my Camaro to the strip with out it.
    It was a nice, sleepy little town as I remember it in the late 40's early 50's. Where do you run, Kil Kare?
    Ken Thomas
    NoT FaDe AwaY and the music didn't die
    The simplest road is usually the last one sought
    Wild Willie & AA/FA's The greatest show in drag racing

twolaneblacktop is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 65 Nova big tire car 73 Nova big block

I changed the oil first No issues with it or the filter. If it wiped the cam there would have to be valve noise? I just went to the Shell Rotella face book and ask the question. I'll report back when and IF they reply.

rspears is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '33 HiBoy Coupe, '32 HiBoy Roadster

Thanks for the Ford oil gage info. That is why the gage goes from zero to the same level each time. Sorry but the only way I can describe my feelings about this fake gage is Rat Bastards.
    My old '90 F150 has always amazed me with the rock solid oil pressure. At 130K miles, it still hits the same spot on the gauge, and now I know why!! I had never known the "idiot light" sendor fact until now..... I think that there may be a way to "fix" it to read a true analog sender output, but not sure of the details....
    Roger
    Enjoy the little things in life, and you may look back one day and realize that they were really the BIG things.

KilKare and Norwalk. KilKare has been completely re-paved. they completely remove all of the old track and poured about 24" of concrete and then milled it flat. They now call it The House of Bite. Stupid name but true. Best track around now buy same old old old bleacher seats! Splinter is the butt with 40 year old planks to sit on. LOL

36 sedan is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 36 Ford Sedan, 23 T Bucket

I changed the oil first No issues with it or the filter. If it wiped the cam there would have to be valve noise? I just went to the Shell Rotella face book and ask the question. I'll report back when and IF they reply.
    Again, don't jump to conclusions. If it's the oil pump, pull the pan and fix it. BUT, drain the oil again first and cut the filter open to see if any particles are there...

NTFDAY is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '66 Mustang, 76 Corvette

KilKare and Norwalk. KilKare has been completely re-paved. they completely remove all of the old track and poured about 24" of concrete and then milled it flat. They now call it The House of Bite. Stupid name but true. Best track around now buy same old old old bleacher seats! Splinter is the butt with 40 year old planks to sit on. LOL

Those planks could be closer to 60, Kil Kare was running when I flagged at DAHIO in 59.
    Ken Thomas
    NoT FaDe AwaY and the music didn't die
    The simplest road is usually the last one sought
    Wild Willie & AA/FA's The greatest show in drag racing

Matthyj is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '32 Ford Hi Boy, '37 wildrod sedan

Quote Originally Posted by rspears View Post
    Ford Truck forums point to the stock oil pressure guages after '87 being glorified idiot lights with a pressure switch sending unit. Once above a set point minimum the gauge reads mid-range, but has zero analog accuracy. If pressure is below set point the gauge reads zero, and if it's above minimum it reads mid-range, which seems to be 60psig for yours.
    Boy, I would save me some grief and not jump to conclusions and check Rogers scenario here, too easy not too. I have a '97 cavalier the idiot light has been coming on at idle now for 100k miles, its at 260k now, I figured I would have towed it to the salvage yard years ago, I now know its the idiot light!, or I have really pretty copper colored bearings in it!
    Why is mine so big and yours so small, Chrysler FirePower

36 sedan is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 36 Ford Sedan, 23 T Bucket

Changed sending unit and oil/filter. Still 0 PSI at hot idle. Checked with a mechanical gage 0 PSI at hot idle.
    Already done.

Hello all,
    I have been ill so my Ford fun sat in the parking lot for about a year before I could deal with it again. I took it back to the guys who built the engine. They found that it had pushed a lifter out of the lifter bore, hence no oil PSI at idle. This was so odd because there was no noise. It was down on power, but I did not drive it since the oil PSI issue was found. After a new cam and lifters it pulled a rocker stud that afternoon. Back to the engine builder. Another great Ford idea is not to thread the rocker studs but to pin them in place. This time it also pushed a lifter out of the bore. They replaced all the rocker studs and so far we are good to go! Just told my son, NO MORE FORD BIG BLOCKS! Lesson learned. If you ever do a Ford big block, and use the stock heads, make the replacement of the rocker studs a must!
    NTFDAY likes this.

Reply To Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2