Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: ford 521ci conversion kit?

Reply To Thread
    460motorvator is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1961 fairlane 2door hardtop

ford 521ci conversion kit?

Has anyone fitted a 521ci conversion kit from eagle?
    what i want to know is it any good?
    steel crank/h beam rods etc, is it ok with 2 bolt standard mains,or should i convert to 4 bolt with a kit, compression with eagle kit at 10.1.
    Is a bottom end stud girdle kit a good idea? or does it cause more problems,will it fit inside a milodon deep sump?
    Planning on buying,but wish to know of any problems,needs to be internally balanced?

pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery

i have done the 512 with cast steel crank and h beam rods srp pistons and a 545 14to1 scat steel crank h beam rods srp piston with Nos two bolt block old 429 block still holding good with many hard runs . i told them that i would of like to go to 4 bolt main but so far so good they run it in a jeep in the mud they call it hill and hole racing ? so far not to may things can keep up to it for the money there doing very good . i am a dealer for pbm so i build my kits with the part i want to use . far as going internal i think the 4.500 did go that way .the other 429 did with the smaller crank .both were very EZ to build i would not wast much time with the 4 bolt main if just 10to1 with no power adder s has for the girdle you could ask who sell s the girdle and ask milodon the ford has a very wide pan rail should not be to bad for room for a girdle
    Last edited by pat mccarthy; 09-09-2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

aeppy is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

No need for the girdle at all on a bbf. Their are guys over on the www.460ford.com website making close to 900 hp on stock 2 bolt blocks at over 8,000 rpm's in pulling trucks.

A bbf will clear a 4.5" crank which makes you a 554 ci at .060 over and a 557 ci engine at .080 over. That is with no grinding at all.

Their website showes all stroker cranks to be internal balance, and yes they are a good kit.
    Last edited by aeppy; 09-17-2010 at 07:16 PM.

460motorvator is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1961 fairlane 2door hardtop

Thanks guys,i'll continue to look at it.

PRO53 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1930 sedan,1953 f-100,1950 sedan

I have used the 521 Hawks Kit in my Jetboat motor.Had Hawks rods and crank, and Probe pistons Has been a good motor.Been in there for 3yrs and lots of Hrd passes Since it's the only ford motor I have would have did some oiling improvements on the block If I would have know about earlier.Some deburr work and drilling that extra small hole for the dizzy oiling.
    Attached Images
    1930 model a , 1953 ford truck
    "DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS"

Reply To Thread