Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Is there a difference in 460's???

Reply To Thread
    SpunRodd is offline Registered User Visit my Photo Gallery

Is there a difference in 460's???

I have a bit of a problem, I just bought a 69 Lincoln that doesn't run, and I am trying to get my classic to run properly so I can determine all what is salvageable upon rebuilt... and every time I go to the part store, they tell me the parts I need are no longer available. but when I have them run a search for a 70's Ford truck w/ a 460, the parts are available... I understand that perhaps the crack, and cam may be different, but does this include bolt-on accessories as well? ... So, my question is this... is there a actual difference or is my theory correct?

Paul Kane is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: Southwind Jet Boat & Dimarco Hydro

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SpunRodd View Post
    I have a bit of a problem, I just bought a 69 Lincoln that doesn't run, and I am trying to get my classic to run properly so I can determine all what is salvageable upon rebuilt... and every time I go to the part store, they tell me the parts I need are no longer available. but when I have them run a search for a 70's Ford truck w/ a 460, the parts are available... I understand that perhaps the crack, and cam may be different, but does this include bolt-on accessories as well? ... So, my question is this... is there a actual difference or is my theory correct?
    Please clarify exactly which vehicle you need parts for (the 1969 Continental?) and also which parts you need for that particular vehicle.

Paul

429/460 Engine Fanatic

Itoldyouso is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '27 ford/'39 dodge/ '23 t

If anyone can answer your question it will be Paul, but I can't imagine you can't find parts for that engine. From the limited info you posted it looks like you are looking for normal tune up type stuff to try to get it started, but when I did a search on Advance Auto Parts for your car lots of stuff comes up.

I think you may have gotten the wrong person at the store you went to. More and more we are seeing these places hire "parts people" who don't know a spark plug from a wheel bearing.

Fill in more of the blanks for Paul and you will get all the info you need and then some.

Don

hotrodstude is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 2006,ford,f-150,v-6,5-speed manual

lincoln use to make a 462 which is a MELengine and has nothing in common with a 460.but i think that 67 was the last year for the 462 but not real sure.

jerry clayton is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

first and only post in april and ain't been back!!!!

Reply To Thread