Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Blower Info- Tech?

Reply To Thread
    parpart is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 77 Thunderbird; 70 rs camaro

Smile Blower Info- Tech?

Im about to pull the 460 out of 77 tbird and take it to the machinist. Can anyone here recommend a favorite blower setup- Hampton, BDS, ? Comp ratio? Boost? Id like it for weekends on the street. Any help would be great. The 460 Im doing right now (10.5 to 1 etc.) is going to another car, not the tbird as planned. Thanks
    '77 Tbird/ 460 BBF, '70 Camaro RS split bumper w/ 4spd Muncie/ 350 2BBL

pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery

i used some blowers.THE blowers shop . they seam to be nice . and some others
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

Dave Severson is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '67 Ranchero, '57 Chevy, '82 Camaro,

I ran a BDS on a BBF for 3 very much trouble free and way big fun years, I'd highly recomend them. Other companies may be just as good to deal with, don't know, BDS worked great for me. If I set up another one, they'll be the people I call!!!! Got lots of help and some really great advice on the tune up, too.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, Live for Today!
    Carroll Shelby

Learning must be difficult for those who already know it all!!!!

parpart is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 77 Thunderbird; 70 rs camaro

Thanks Dave and Pat. Im going to do some e-mailing and make phone calls this week. Payday approaches and money is going bye-bye. Wish a company like Summit had this stuff listed in their catalog for us ford people; not just the sbc-bbc.
    '77 Tbird/ 460 BBF, '70 Camaro RS split bumper w/ 4spd Muncie/ 350 2BBL

Dave Severson is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '67 Ranchero, '57 Chevy, '82 Camaro,

Call BDS direct and talk with one of their techs, they'll set you straight on exactly what works and what doesn't. Comes out better then a mail order "one size fits all" set up!!!!
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, Live for Today!
    Carroll Shelby

Learning must be difficult for those who already know it all!!!!

michael6372 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by parpart View Post
    Im about to pull the 460 out of 77 tbird and take it to the machinist. Can anyone here recommend a favorite blower setup- Hampton, BDS, ? Comp ratio? Boost? Id like it for weekends on the street. Any help would be great. The 460 Im doing right now (10.5 to 1 etc.) is going to another car, not the tbird as planned. Thanks
    Hello,
    All of the choices mentioned are good ones. I like BDS if you are gonna go with a roots style blower. Procharger makes a good centrifugal setup too and it'll probably fit under the hood. As far as compression ratio goes, the lower the better. 7 to 1 or 8 to 1 is what I would recommend.You will be able to run more boost with lower compression ratios too. Just make sure the bottom end is built to handle the application and remember, detonation is the enemy. Hope this helps.

Michael.
    Michael Scheuren
    www.streetmachinecentral.com

pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery

yep and if you run a point more cr you do not have to drive the blower so hard. your doing is beating air and making heat looking for a way to cool it . i built some blower engines not many about 15 or so . i would not go low cr for steet /strip . i am running 10to1 with 10 pounds. been this way on a 548 for better then 6 years and if you think i babby it you do not know me i bang it off the 7500 RPM chip all the time.. it will do every thing i want it to do.... .and then some BDS is nice stuff .but THE BLOWER SHOP is every bit as good and hard billet cass less $$ only thing about them is the stick there name on evey thing
    Last edited by pat mccarthy; 04-12-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

Reply To Thread