Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Engine won't start!

Reply To Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    R Pope is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

For the first few starts put a battery as close to the starter as possible with a short fat cable and same size ground. DC current likes a short path, especially for high loads. After it loosens up, you can put the battery back in the trunk. You'll probably still notice some cranking power loss though.

topgun is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

Well I finally got my engine fired up and ran it at a little over 1500 rpm for the recomended 1/2 hour and it ran fine. During that time I had the pet cock open and a water hose on to maintain cool water for the engine during the run in. I also set the timing and checked the trans. All went well. After the run in I set trhe idle to about 800 rpm and even though I didn't drive it yet I parked the car outside. I started and shut it down a couple of more times and it seemed all was well. Anyway As I stood there with it running I was just taking a couple of minutes to admire my work when suddenly I started to hear a slight ticking noise and the oil light went on. Now, The car has no guage just a light so I could not see the actual oil pressure but the pnmp is like everything in the engine, Brand new. I had also replaced the pump shaft. I have a oil pressure tester at work that I will bring home on Monday But I am wondering what could be going on here. Has anyone here had this occur and what could be the problem other than the pump? I am confident that I had performed the run in properly , Or Have I? Any opinions?

Reply To Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2