Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: 460 id

Reply To Thread
    toledonitro is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

460 id

I need help with id on a 460. On back of the block is 0y859264 and on the side is DOVE A and on the heads is DOVE C can anyone tell me what year and is this a good motor?

stovens is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 48 Ford F1

Dove c heads were on 70 lincolns .D0VE-A means the block is (D0) 1970 cast (V) Lincoln (E) engine part (-A) revision A. The dove -c heads are low volume heads like 72 or 73 cc very desirable, good for high compression ratios. Paul Kane is the 460 man here, full of knowledge.
    Also put D O V E
    D=1970's decade
    0=year 0 of that decade
    V=lincoln
    E=engine part
    I believe this is a good motor, but I'm not the expert!
    " "No matter where you go, there you are!" Steve.

Paul Kane is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: Southwind Jet Boat & Dimarco Hydro

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by toledonitro
    I need help with id on a 460. On back of the block is 0y859264 and on the side is DOVE A and on the heads is DOVE C can anyone tell me what year and is this a good motor?
    1970 model year block and heads....also the most desireable factory iron block and heads (SCJ parts excepted). Rated at 360-365 hp, probably generated about 325-330 hp in reality, and once "rubbed on" can exceed 600 hp without stroking the engine displacement (in which case m ore than 700 hp has been achieved).

Paul

429/460 Engine Fanatic

Thanks! Just in case ya'll are wondering i am trying to build a 1979 ford bronco. Hopefully gona run some 44's one day 36's for now.

pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by toledonitro
    Thanks! Just in case ya'll are wondering i am trying to build a 1979 ford bronco. Hopefully gona run some 44's one day 36's for now.
    i just did one for a pickup with 44s to 514 cid with the dove c heads .I cut the out for bigger intake valves 4 angle valve job the block was at 030 over and bores were junk and crank was needing to go to 030 -030 so it was just a 429 so for the price of getting all the stock parts for the 429 and maching a crank that was on it way out . i stroke it to 514 with a H beam rod and a srp dish piston and a custom roller cam that was mild 640 lift with a 110 lsa intake 230 at 050 and ex 238at 050 that will make a ton of TQ should be 490hp and 610tq could of gone with a bigger cam but i was thinking that it would better with abit less dur on the cam with and with the pump gas should be just a hair over 10.2 cr i guses we will soon find out if it works as good as i am hoping for .if so i pick up a 77 460 on trade for a bore and hone on a 302 ford engine block .that i want to do the same thing to the 460 but i think them heads are open chambers ? i have to still buster all down if so i will try to score some dove C heads
    Last edited by pat mccarthy; 08-20-2008 at 07:01 PM.
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

stroker kits

Where's the best place to buy a good stroker kit?

Reply To Thread