Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Top of my Christmas list!!!!

Reply To Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dave Severson is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '67 Ranchero, '57 Chevy, '82 Camaro,

Top of my Christmas list!!!!

Found just what I need for the Ranchero!!!! All donations to the cause cheerfully (make that gleefully) accepted!!!!!! \

Somebody has to build something to keep up with that McCarthey kid!!!!!!!
    Attached Images
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, Live for Today!
    Carroll Shelby

Learning must be difficult for those who already know it all!!!!

pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery

hey i am building FORDs now them guys will spend alot more money to beat them chubby chevys
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

Quote Originally Posted by pat mccarthy
    hey i am building FORDs now them guys will spend alot more money to beat them chubby chevys

Heck, we don't even use money to keep score anymore, just keep counting the round wins!!!!!! Probably scare the heck out of me anyway if I ever figured out the total cost to go racin'!!!!!!! Maybe I'll "retire" from owning and go back to driving next year???????
    Carroll Shelby

Stu Cool is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '53 Studebaker Custom w/LS1

If we are starting Christmas lists, I'll put this on mine:
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Stu Cool; 08-03-2008 at 07:24 PM.
    Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!

bluestang67 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 67 Mstg cpe , 37 Ford Coupe

My garage isn't big enough to mount that block , Did they forget to mill out some combustion chambers in those heads ??

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Cool
    If we are starting Christmas lists, I'll put this on mine:

Got to get my list done before we start on yours, Pat!!!!! I was first!!!!
    Carroll Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by bluestang67
    My garage isn't big enough to mount that block , Did they forget to mill out some combustion chambers in those heads ??
    \
    We call them a very small, very closed chamber with size large by huge valves!!!!!!

The extra head bolt holes aren't drilled and tapped in the block yet.....
    Carroll Shelby

i just did a chevy with the big chief heads$$ but now i and doing a 512 ford DAVE with the srp dish pistons and scat crank and bbc 6700 rods just cut the iron heads out to for the ss valves going with a custom solid roller in the 630 lift with 110 lsa and 240 dur should work ok .i have a bit of time in the iron heads going with screw in bbc stud g plates super 7 locks delwest keepers with bbc roller rockers do you see the bbc pattern
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Severson
    Got to get my list done before we start on yours, Pat!!!!! I was first!!!!
    well i could be done with mine very soon just need the $$ for the two crower rods just $1600. for two i have every thing down to the valve cover gaskets but i may re sleeve the hole block and get it past 740 i think they put the valve cut in the wrong spot sure having a are time getting good custom pistons made this year

i just did a chevy with the big chief heads$$ but now i and doing a 512 ford DAVE with the srp dish pistons and scat crank and bbc 6700 rods just cut the iron heads out to for the ss valves going with a custom solid roller in the 630 lift with 110 lsa and 240 dur should work ok .i have a bit of time in the iron heads going with screw in bbc stud g plates super 7 locks delwest keepers with bbc roller rockers do you see the bbc pattern
    Sounds like a very nice engine....but I gotta ask, why is he sticking with the iron heads???? We're running about the same cam in the T-Bird, without digging for the card I think it's like a 635/242. Makes a ton of mid range, torque line on the chassis dyno peaks at a shade over 500. Seems the bigger engines react well to the 110 lsa, first one I've tried and the torque increase was a big surprise!!!!! When I win the lottery I'll just drop ship that 800" block and the hemi heads to ya Pat!!!!!!
    Carroll Shelby

Sounds like a very nice engine....but I gotta ask, why is he sticking with the iron heads???? We're running about the same cam in the T-Bird, without digging for the card I think it's like a 635/242. Makes a ton of mid range, torque line on the chassis dyno peaks at a shade over 500. Seems the bigger engines react well to the 110 lsa, first one I've tried and the torque increase was a big surprise!!!!! When I win the lottery I'll just drop ship that 800" block and the hemi heads to ya Pat!!!!!!
    well you should know me ? it was a 429 crank was junk it needed a bore and rods were junk to so,this guy just got the truck and wanted more grunt so i talk him in to this it was not to hard but he has limit on funs so the heads should work it going in a 4 wheel drive truck with like 38 tall tires,i would of like to pull it in to 108 on the cam but the CR is set up for super pump gas so it could be down on hp but i hope it will just kill all the bbc in sight

well you should know me ? it was a 429 crank was junk in neede a bore and rods were junk to so,this guy just got the truck and wanted more grunt so i talk him in to this it was not to hard but he has limit on funs so the heads should work it going in a 4 wheel drive truck with like 38 tall tires,i would of like to pull it in to 108 on the cam but the CR is set up for super pump gas so it could be down on hp but i hope it will just kill all the bbc in sight
    Heck, probably would of killed a bunch of chebbies when it was a worn out 429!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Carroll Shelby

Heck, probably would of killed a bunch of chebbies when it was a worn out 429!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    well it was hurt they were dumping motor honey just to get some oil psi here the last bbc with the big chief head i did lot of work on that ford will have a time getting a round this one but thats is ok
    Attached Images
    Last edited by pat mccarthy; 08-03-2008 at 08:30 PM.

How the heck big do you have to get on the cam lift when you get up in the 750 to 800 ci range????? I keep dreaming about that 806!!!!
    Carroll Shelby

How the heck big do you have to get on the cam lift when you get up in the 750 to 800 ci range????? I keep dreaming about that 806!!!!
    well with the big heads and valve s do not tell any one but the cam for mine is 817 and in the hi 270 and hi280 @050 on a 116 like to get in this more but you know someone could find out this is for the street so i wanted to stop at 800 but would work i think with more cam it is not un heard of to be in hi 800s.i talk to a guy runing a 900 lift i wanted to cool it on lift springs cost to much
    Last edited by pat mccarthy; 08-03-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Reply To Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast