Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Going through my old parts

Reply To Thread
    Early Iron MC is offline Registered User Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '26 Ttruck

Going through my old parts

Hi, My name is Mark, I just found this site and it's great, I have spent most of my life building custom motorcycles and just messed with cars and trucks on the side when I had time, now that my son is getting close to driving he started going through my old car parts and found my old 429's and parts that I have long forgoten about, here's some P/Ns, can you guys tell what they are?

Heads C8VE-E
    Intake C8SE-9425-B
    Rods DOOE-A A58 69R
    pistons TRW L-2443 they are +.030

Thanks Mark.

Paul Kane is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: Southwind Jet Boat & Dimarco Hydro

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Early Iron MC
    Hi, My name is Mark, I just found this site and it's great, I have spent most of my life building custom motorcycles and just messed with cars and trucks on the side when I had time, now that my son is getting close to driving he started going through my old car parts and found my old 429's and parts that I have long forgoten about, here's some P/Ns, can you guys tell what they are?

Heads C8VE-E
    Intake C8SE-9425-B
    Rods DOOE-A A58 69R
    pistons TRW L-2443 they are +.030

Thanks Mark.
    The connecting rods and intake manifold are standard issue. Well inspected and well prepped oem rods (with quality high performance rod bolts) are good to 550 hp or so. People have managed more hp than this with the oem rods, but they are considered to be the "weak link" in these engines. And if you can afford more than 550 hp then you can afford better rods. The intake is not much of a high performance piece but will work to 4500-5000 rpm. More power can be had in the upper roms with an anftermarket intake manifold, and weight savings too.

The C8VE heads are very nice 1968 issue cylinder heads that are identical to the sought after D0VE heads. These heads have supported over 700 hp on naturally aspirated strokers (porting required) and over 600 hp on .030 overbored 460's. (And about 1800 hp on blown alcohol...that I know of.)

The TRW L2443.030 pistons are a dome top piston design that was a response to the low compression D3VE cylinder heads. These pistons make about 10.6-10.75:1 c/r with D3VE's (depending on deck height), but racers quickly learned that they also fit the C8VE/C9VE/D0VE heads as well, and when used with those "early-style" heads push compression to 13-13.25:1. With big cams (over ~.600 lift), you must check piston-to-valve clearance with these pistons in the early-style heads such as your C8VE's. This is an older dome top design and a heavy one at that...but they are bang-for-buck these days and make power.

Paul
    Last edited by mrmustang; 12-03-2007 at 01:59 AM.

429/460 Engine Fanatic

Early Iron MC is offline Registered User Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '26 Ttruck

Thanks Paul, I'll be getting in touch with you when I start on this engine, I checked out you web site, and will be useing your services.
    Thanks again Mark.

Reply To Thread