Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: 429 dressup- PVC, V.C., etc. ??

Reply To Thread
    Dago Red is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 51' F1 w/429, 70' Nova w/427

429 dressup- PVC, V.C., etc. ??

hey guys,

I am trying to dress up a 429. I am watching an e-bay of some Mickey Thompson valve covers but should that fail I'm going with the polished aluminum Ford Racing ones (I prefer the finned ones but don't see any at Summit and don't know all the trick places to look).

The valve covers on there right now have a thing on the top that seperates the spark plug wires (which look just long enough). the new valve covers don't have that,

what do I use to guide the spark plug wires when I replace these valve covers?

It has a closed PVC system, with the right side having a thingy (really guys, I know nothing here) on the drivers side valve cover with tube going to carb, passenger side cover just has a tube running from the top of the valve cover to the air filter it looks like. I want to replace those.

The pvc side I guess just has to be listed (summit probably) as PVC and have the little nipple for the tube? The other side though, I want to change from just having the hose sticking into the valve cover. There are a couple of nice K&M ones at Summit, some look like they have a place to connect the hose, but they also have an exposed filter. Does that compromise the closed PVC system?

Already has a big pretty air filter on it. After I get all the engine information from the guy that put it together I'll post and you guys can help me figure out the right carburator.

one more thing! This guy was making it look as non-descript as possible, so took the Edelbrock performance intake and painted it ford blue. Can I get the paint off and polish it or am I better off selling that one and getting a polished one? thanks.

Red

lightning1901 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

you can put the intake in a glass bead blaster and it will clean up nice unless the aluminum is stained and thats why it was painted, just make sure you cover the machined areas first and ensure all grit is out of the intake before installing it

techinspector1 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '32 Henway

Tony Branda is a good source for finned valve covers and other items. Here's a link to his valve covers. The ones you want are on the bottom of the page. I don't know why there is no picture, I've had his catalog before and they were pictured in there....
    http://store.cobranda.com/valvecovers1.html
    PLANET EARTH, INSANE ASYLUM FOR THE UNIVERSE.

Reply To Thread