Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: 460 to AOD trans bolt up

Reply To Thread
    thunderturd is offline Registered User Visit my Photo Gallery

460 to AOD trans bolt up

Would it be possiable to bolt up a AOD trans to a 460 by changing the bell houseing. Also has anyone put a 460 in a '89 to '93 thunderbird?

Also there are headmen headers on summit and i was wondering if i would be able to put them on an EFI 460 or if anyone knows where to get headers for the EFI cheap.

Thanks
    Last edited by thunderturd; 11-28-2006 at 05:58 PM.

Paul Kane is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: Southwind Jet Boat & Dimarco Hydro

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by thunderturd
    Would it be possiable to bolt up a AOD trans to a 460 by changing the bell houseing. Also has anyone put a 460 in a '89 to '93 thunderbird?

Also there are headmen headers on summit and i was wondering if i would be able to put them on an EFI 460 or if anyone knows where to get headers for the EFI cheap.

Thanks
    1) An AOD trans can be fit to a 460.
    2) A 460 can be fit into the T-birds mentioned provided the proper swap components are purchased.
    3) The EFI 460 heads have a differently shaped exhaust port/flange than the carbed heads and so those headers will not fit. I have seen stainless shorty headers for the EFI heads...please stand by while I research where they came from (might eve be an oem thing...)

Paul

429/460 Engine Fanatic

Reply To Thread