Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: 429 bypass hose insert

Reply To Thread
    64 in progress is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 64 galaxie

429 bypass hose insert

Does anyone know how I can fix a leaking bypass hose insert , and if so where do I get all the parts for it. It's the insert that goes on the intake and connects to the water pump by a 4" heater hose. Is that insert removable, and how do I take it out? Thanks in advance.

p.s
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the help in the past to everyone. My galaxie should be running later this year. It takes a while when you have a wife and son that also need your attention.

Matt167 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '51 Chevy Fleetline and a Ratrod project

it is not heater hose, it is a molded hose, you get them at the local auto parts store, specific to the vehicle, do NOT use heater hose, altho in some cases it could work, if it is kinked internally and you start the motor, you then have no internal circulation and you will result in a cracked block once the motor is warm.
    You don't know what you've got til it's gone

Matt's 1951 Chevy Fleetline- Driver

1967 Ford Falcon- Sold

1930's styled hand built ratrod project

1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle Wolfsburg Edition- sold

Dave Severson is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '67 Ranchero, '57 Chevy, '82 Camaro,

On which end, the manifold or the water pump???? I haven't seen anyone that handles the little metal inserts for awhile now. NAPA guy got me one from one of his rebuilder jobbers awhile back. If all else fails, take out the broken piece, drill and tap with the correct size pipe thread, screw in a pipe nipple and put the bypass hose back on.

Matt, he is talking about the metal tube the hose goes on, not the hose itself.....
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, Live for Today!
    Carroll Shelby

Learning must be difficult for those who already know it all!!!!

thesals is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 66 mustangFB, 69 econline Drag Van

if you're talking about the elbowed tube that threads in... you can buy a new one for about $20 on most classic ford sites... if you're talking about the hose itself... it should just be a molded hose carried at most your local parts stores, costs about $10
    just because your car is faster, doesn't mean i cant outdrive you... give me a curvy mountain road and i'll beat you any day

64 in progress is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 64 galaxie

Thanks for all the help guys. I asked a friend at a local Ford dealer and he pulled an insert out of his toolbox and gave it to me. I guess it pays to know people. So for future reference, if anyone ever needs one, you can get them at your local ford dealer for about $10.00

thesals is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 66 mustangFB, 69 econline Drag Van

if your ford dealer isn't in san diego at least... our dealers aren't willing to look up a car older than 83 now... which is stupid because ford still makes parts and has old stock of parts for cars older than that... they're just plain lazy
    just because your car is faster, doesn't mean i cant outdrive you... give me a curvy mountain road and i'll beat you any day

Reply To Thread