Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: C9VE-A HEADS AND C9VE-B Tunnel

Reply To Thread
    Panhof is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1965 Galaxie, 1999 Cobra, 1974 F250,

Question C9VE-A HEADS AND C9VE-B Tunnel

Here is the question? How Streetable in a stick 65 Galaxie?? C9VE-A HEADS AND C9VE-B with a single 4bbl tunnel ram? Fun or Fantasy.
    Martin

Paul Kane is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: Southwind Jet Boat & Dimarco Hydro

Cool

Not enough info about the motor internals, but if we are talking a stock motor with a tunnel ram, then I think that engine is very streetable in the car you mentioned.

The single four barrel tunnel rams offer lousy fuel distribution and you would be better off with a traditional 4-barrel intake or a 2x4 tunnel ram, distribution-wise. The 2x4 may be too much for a stock motor or with big carbs on top.

Paul

Ty@TLI is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1969 Charger R/T

Originally posted by Paul Kane
    Not enough info about the motor internals, but if we are talking a stock motor with a tunnel ram, then I think that engine is very streetable in the car you mentioned.

The single four barrel tunnel rams offer lousy fuel distribution and you would be better off with a traditional 4-barrel intake or a 2x4 tunnel ram, distribution-wise. The 2x4 may be too much for a stock motor or with big carbs on top.

Paul
    Diddo...

More info would be nice. Otherwise ditch the tunnel ram for the single four barrel manifold as the rpm range you'll be seeing the most will benefit.

~Ty "Born again Blue Oval"

torino is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1972 torino gran sport/ 81f150big block

i am using those heads.it took me fifty hours to port and polish those things.if they are ported correctly,usally barrel hogged and oversized first, you could easily run a tunnel.but why on the street? use a performer rpm or an air gap dual plane manifold which is still pretty high and has lots of plenum but with better bottom and mid response.i just recently ran a 2.35 second hundred foot run in a 4200pound truck.that is 56 miles per hour in 2,35 seconds with that set up . of coarse i have more than just that but,i can drive to work and not have to wait an hour for the manifold to warm up..

Reply To Thread