Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: SFI 460 heads

Reply To Thread
    xboss9r is offline Registered User Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 89 Ford 4x4

SFI 460 heads

I have been surching the web for months and found an absolute void on information about SFI 460 heads. I have ported a couple dozen DOVE heads and wonder if my (new for me) 89 SFI heads are just as corked up. I undestand that early heads won't fit. Can they be modified to fit? It runs like a dog and eats fuel like a hog. My old 400/2bbl will eat its lunch. So 1. do I have to port these things? 2. Will headers help? IT came with 3" flomaster, single exh. with a rammed out catylitic converter. All the rest of the smog junk is in tact. Bottom line is, can I liven up this dog and get a little more milage out of it too (I'm getting 10, loaded or unloaded)? I removed two plastic venturies in front of the throttle plate, and put them back in. They didn't seem to help or hinder. I also installled a K@N air filter. Still, not much response or change in milage. I can buy Motorsports heads, I know, but I have more time than money.
    Last edited by xboss9r; 07-18-2005 at 12:46 PM.
    jerry

chappy_692000 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 74 f250 hi boy

here is a link to scott johnston's website he is the king of stock 385 heads at the bottom of the page is a link to e-mail him i'm sure if you shoot him a line he can answer all your questions i know he has helped me out greatly http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com/
    even a good thing can be made better
    never get angery because you lost be grateful you were able to try

Reply To Thread