Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Ford 429

Reply To Thread
    stig is offline Registered User Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 68 Ford torino

Ford 429

hello everyboddy i am a gay living in Norway and i wil ask you please tell me what i have to do with my 429 thunderjet engine befor i mount a blower on it . the engine are mount in a 1968 Ford Torino and i wil drive som street legal vith it ( sorry for my bad writing english)
    stig

Paul Kane is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: Southwind Jet Boat & Dimarco Hydro

Cool

Well for starters, you'll need to change your pistons. The compression of the 1968 429 is about 10.5:1, and for a blower you should have closer to 8:1 compression ratio. Further, the stock pistons are cast aluminum and they should be replaced with forged pistons. If you put a blower on the engine without making this modification, I think it will last only about 2 minutes.

While you have the shortblock disassembled, you may as well upgrade your connecting rods too. A high volume oil pump would be a good idea.

Paul

RickinMN is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 75 F100, 73 Tbird, 67 Cougar, 93 mustang

I agree with Paul you will need stronger forged pistons, a lower compression ratio and a better oiling system to keep the blower and lower end alive. My brother is building a 302 blower motor and it has Probe forged pistons and Eagle H beam rods with high flow heads and lower compression and a special oiling system.

Reply To Thread