Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

  •  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show


Thread: Newbie Question

Reply To Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Bago123 is offline CHR Junior sMember Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Oct 2020

    Newbie Question


    Hello guys,

    I'm new on here. Just about to start a BBC build (454) and wanted to know if any of you guys know what this plug is for on my block?

    Is it an oil galley bleed?

    Kind regards


  2. #2
    jerry clayton's Avatar
    jerry clayton is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Join Date
    Feb 2006

    Thats an hokie patch up fot a plug that couldn't be removed so they threaded a brass nut over the 1/4 pipe plug and then threaded another plug into the hole----that is the left front of a BBC and thats where the side oil galley feeds inward to feed oil to front main and cam bushing
    By popular opinions-just a grumpy old man key board bully--But really, if you are going to ask for help on an internet site, at least answer questions about what you are asking about-----

Reply To Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Links monetized by VigLink