Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Best method to post photos?

Reply To Thread
    florida is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 98 Vette Daily Driver - Planning 32 3W

Best method to post photos?

What is the best method to post photos? I used photo bucket in the past but then they seem to expire.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it”--Lou Holtz.

Itoldyouso is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '27 ford/'39 dodge/ '23 t

On this forum it's pretty easy compared to some others I am on. After you post the words you want to say go down to the box that says "manage attachements" an click on it. It will come up and say "brouse." Then you can search for the picture you want to post and select it, then click "upload" and it will be inserted into your post. You can do that same routine for up to 5 pictures. When you have the pictures uploaded click on submit reply and the pictures should show up with your text.

Don

Mike52 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 32 Ford 3w Hi-Boy Project

I'll add one more tip to Don's excellent advice. Be sure to check the file size of the pic before posting. A large file size will make the pic huge. I'm sure you've seen these, you have to scroll across the screen to see the pic and the words in the post.

Mike

Itoldyouso is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '27 ford/'39 dodge/ '23 t

Yep, Mike is right. Something in the 640 x 480 size or just a tad bigger seems to fit pretty well.

Don

Larry M is offline Senior Club Hot Rod Member Lifetime Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '23 Tall "T" Coupe 400 SBC

Maybe an 800 X 600 works real good too. I don't know if we have many members still on a dial-up connections but they will sure appreciate the smaller pics.
    If ya have any ??/problems let us know.

Also, if ya need to re size some pics check out this thread: http://www.clubhotrod.com/forums/sho...hlight=resizer

Its about a little picture resizing program from Microsoft that works pretty slick and its real easy to use.
    Last edited by Larry M; 12-20-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Every Day I Wake Up Above Ground Is a Good Day!!

Reply To Thread