Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Big surprise!

Reply To Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Big Tracks is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '79 Dodge Diplomat Coupe

Big surprise!

This afternoon I decided to go out to where my son's Duster has been sitting for a few months and put the charger on the battery to find out whether there was a chance that there might still be some life there.

Now, several years ago I learned that stomping up to a long-time-parked vehicle and yanking the hood open might not be wise. I did that once and thoroughly PO'ed a big nest of yellow jackets. That led to a trip to the E.R.

That said, I quietly approached the Duster and gently lifted the hood.

SURPRISE!

Anybody know how to cook possum?
    Attached Images

pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery

nice cat you got there
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

HemiTCoupe is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '27 T Coupe

Last night I heard a thumping noise outside on the porch, and I turned on the light to see our mama cat and her two kittens up on something, watching a big Possum eating their cat food!
    I got my BB rifle and pumped it up ten times and open the door and off he ran before I could shoot him, the male kitten chased him to the edge of the porch and turned and looked at like he scared it away.

Pat
    HemiTCoupe

Anyone can cut one up, but! only some can put it back together looking cool!
    Steel is real, anyone can get a glass one.

Pro Street Full Fendered '27 Ford T Coupe -392 Hemi with Electornic Hilborn injection
    1927 Ford T Tudor Sedan -CPI Vortec 4.3
    '90 S-15 GMC pick up

NTFDAY is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '66 Mustang, 76 Corvette

The last one of those things I ran into I shot him out a tree with a 22.
    Ken Thomas
    NoT FaDe AwaY and the music didn't die
    The simplest road is usually the last one sought
    Wild Willie & AA/FA's The greatest show in drag racing

pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by HemiTCoupe View Post
    Last night I heard a thumping noise outside on the porch, and I turned on the light to see our mama cat and her two kittens up on something, watching a big Possum eating their cat food!
    I got my BB rifle and pumped it up ten times and open the door and off he ran before I could shoot him, the male kitten chased him to the edge of the porch and turned and looked at like he scared it away.

Pat
    them things are tuff i shoot one in the back side with bb gun it did not phase him much .it did not pick up any speed with BB s in its back side
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

Rrumbler is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: Sans hot rod, sold the truck.

Those things used to get (probably still do) into the switchboard where I worked. They would squeeze through the security grates on the cable trenches where they came into the building, and follow the cable trays in the basement and up into the switchboards. I often would be passing a long night, alone in this big building, and something would make a some sort of sound behind me; it was always a bit startling, but after I figured them out, I'd check to verify, and call the dog catcher - that was company policy. Made otherwise often boring night shifts interesting. Bad part was when the stupid things would commit suicide by getting into a hot buss and frying their dumb selves; that really made for an interesting evening.
    Rrumbler, Aka: Hey you, "Old School", Hairy, and other unsavory monickers.

Twistin' and bangin' on stuff for about sixty or so years; beat up and busted, but not entirely dead - yet.

HemiTCoupe is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '27 T Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by pat mccarthy View Post
    them things are tuff i shoot one in the back side with bb gun it did not phase him much .it did not pick up any speed with BB s in its back side
    The one I have will go Threw his tuff hide! I only pump in 5-6 times on the dogs that come into our yard, and the run home howling. The other two I have won't.
    I use to shoot woodchucks back in Mn with it and it drew blood every time with them. But I usually shot them with my 22. I can't shot a 22 in my front porch, or to the sides, we have to much stuff I could hit!

I already got my butt in trouble when I was shooting at a Woodchuck out the kitchen window, as it went across the back yard. When I shot, I saw a white cloud in front of me? I just shot the head off my wifes bear salt shaker that was on the window sill! It was below the scope at about 3" away.

I don't do that any more, I go outside.....My wife told me so!

Pat
    HemiTCoupe

Anyone can cut one up, but! only some can put it back together looking cool!
    Steel is real, anyone can get a glass one.

Pro Street Full Fendered '27 Ford T Coupe -392 Hemi with Electornic Hilborn injection
    1927 Ford T Tudor Sedan -CPI Vortec 4.3
    '90 S-15 GMC pick up

CR55 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 37 Chevy. 48 and 60 Harleys

You must have opened that hood realllllllllllly slow and how quiet were you to do all that and still have time to take a pic? Possums can be a real PIA sometimes. I get em around my house all the time. They come in and eat the food for my barn cats, and those 3 are killing machines, but they won't mess with a possum!.My daughter put a bag of trash on the porch one night and later I heard a noise outside so I went out to look and a possum was tearing the bag open for a buffet. I grabbed the bag and pulled it away from him, but he started growling and pulling the bag towards him! Took a while to change his mind!.......CR
    I thought I knew a lot, until I had teenagers!

Big Tracks is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '79 Dodge Diplomat Coupe

What I did, CR,was carefully let the hood back down and went home and asked my wife to get her camera and go back with me. I didn't tell her why.

I posted her by the fender and lifted the hood again. Possum had hit the sack again.

It took her a few moments to regain her composure and take the pictures, but
    while doing so she said some things to me that are not in keeping with her usually calm personality.

Jim

HWORRELL is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 31 FORD 5 WINDOW,69 442, 305 sprint car,

Quote Originally Posted by HemiTCoupe View Post
    The one I have will go Threw his tuff hide! I only pump in 5-6 times on the dogs that come into our yard, and the run home howling. The other two I have won't.
    I use to shoot woodchucks back in Mn with it and it drew blood every time with them. But I usually shot them with my 22. I can't shot a 22 in my front porch, or to the sides, we have to much stuff I could hit!

I already got my butt in trouble when I was shooting at a Woodchuck out the kitchen window, as it went across the back yard. When I shot, I saw a white cloud in front of me? I just shot the head off my wifes bear salt shaker that was on the window sill! It was below the scope at about 3" away.

I don't do that any more, I go outside.....My wife told me so!

Pat
    around my house I would have got the look. All of god's "smart" creatures run and hide when Mama Laurie gives the look.

Mark in Memphis is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

Possums really aren't that bad. They carry less disease than any other creature in their niche and aren't aggressive. Therefore, If you kill them something nastier will take it's place. I'd pop it with a BB hard enough to scare it off but leave it healthy.

hotrodstude is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 2006,ford,f-150,v-6,5-speed manual

damn you let supper get away

falconvan is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 48 Plymouth, 48,54 Heap

Awwww, a kitty! Fire up that motor, he'll get the idea and go somewhere else.

lamin8r is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 60 F100 truck

Quote Originally Posted by falconvan View Post
    Awwww, a kitty! Fire up that motor, he'll get the idea and go somewhere else.
    I had a friend who did just that once,fired up the motor,without knowing his cat was under there,took out the radiator,and spread its self very messily around the engine bay...amazing the damage a fan blade can do...
    Micah 6:8

If we aren't supposed to have midnight snacks,,,WHY is there a light in the refrigerator???

Robin.

35fordcoupe is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 35 ford 5 window coupe

so did it start?
    '35 Ford coupe- LT1/T56, '32 Ford pickup, 70 GTO convertible, 06 GTO

Robert

Reply To Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast