Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Another '32 truck

Reply To Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ken Thurm is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 4- 32 fords

Another '32 truck

I'm going to build another '32 Ford truck. I need some help from anyone that can photo shop the body with the changes I plan on making.
    Tomorrow I will take a photo of it with a clean back round, or any way you want it to cut it up.
    I won't start on it until the current one is finished, but I just want to start planning on it and see if my ideas look good.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ken

godspeed32 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 32 ford hiboy

another one !!! my wife barely letsme work in the garage you must have some time on your hands ...lol
    nothin like hearing those lake pipes roar!!!!

bluestang67 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 67 Mstg cpe , 37 Ford Coupe

Wow another that is a man with a plan .

32 thats from one pick i seen of her shining it , She dont want you to finger print it up LOL.

Itoldyouso is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '27 ford/'39 dodge/ '23 t

Hehe, kind of a sickness, isn't it Ken? I'm like you, knee deep in one project, and already thinking about the next two or three. We need help.

One thing I haven't figured out........if you have a few running hot rods, how do you decide which one to drive?

Don

My name is KenThurm and I am a Hot Rodaholic, help me please !

Quote Originally Posted by godspeed32
    another one !!! my wife barely letsme work in the garage you must have some time on your hands ...lol
    You just haven't been married long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Itoldyouso
    Hehe, kind of a sickness, isn't it Ken? I'm like you, knee deep in one project, and already thinking about the next two or three. We need help.

One thing I haven't figured out........if you have a few running hot rods, how do you decide which one to drive?

Don
    What happens to me is after I get in so deep and one idea leads to another but it too late to change it on the one I'm working on so I want to do another one thinking it will be so much better.
    Honestly, I drive all my cars.

John Palmer is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '32 High Boy, '60 VW, Teardrop Trailers

I'd say that Ken has it pretty well figured out.

As long as you keep the wife happy, you can have all the toys you need (or maybe want). I saw a "very nice" late model Mercedes driving down the 91 FWY the other night with a KENDON license plate.

The motorcycle dealership that I work for recently added KENDON trailer's to our product line. As we have all come to expect from the '32 Truck progress photos, his trailers are also FIRST CLASS.

All kidding aside, we aren't unique in the hot rod world. No matter what forum you go to, or who you talk to at a cruise or show, 99 percent of us have more than one project or car. The old rule is, don't start on another car until the first one is done, but it is amazing how many of us have several going at the same time.

Just last night, when I was cleaning up parts in the sandblast cabinet, I also threw in the spindles for the '39 Dodge, and started planning how I am going to paint that front end. Why?? I am probably 6 months away from even thinking about doing anything to it, but yet here I am, prepping parts for it.

I think we did this thread once where we asked how many guys had more than one project, and it was surprising how many of us do. I guess that is what seperates real car nuts from the occasional enthusiast. Makes it sort of understandable why someone with Jay Leno's means owns a stable of them, and a staff to keep them going.

Can I carpool with you Ken to those Hot rodaholic meetings?

Don

All kidding aside, we aren't unique in the hot rod world. No matter what forum you go to, or who you talk to at a cruise or show, 99 percent of us have more than one project or car. The old rule is, don't start on another car until the first one is done, but it is amazing how many of us have several going at the same time.

Just last night, when I was cleaning up parts in the sandblast cabinet, I also threw in the spindles for the '39 Dodge, and started planning how I am going to paint that front end. Why?? I am probably 6 months away from even thinking about doing anything to it, but yet here I am, prepping parts for it.

I think we did this thread once where we asked how many guys had more than one project, and it was surprising how many of us do. I guess that is what seperates real car nuts from the occasional enthusiast. Makes it sort of understandable why someone with Jay Leno's means owns a stable of them, and a staff to keep them going.

Can I carpool with you Ken to those Hot rodaholic meetings?

Don
    Anytime Don, it would be my privilege, and you can pick the car we go in.

Quote Originally Posted by John Palmer
    I'd say that Ken has it pretty well figured out.

As long as you keep the wife happy, you can have all the toys you need (or maybe want). I saw a "very nice" late model Mercedes driving down the 91 FWY the other night with a KENDON license plate.

The motorcycle dealership that I work for recently added KENDON trailer's to our product line. As we have all come to expect from the '32 Truck progress photos, his trailers are also FIRST CLASS.
    Wow John, that was very nice of you. We really try at Kendon. Who do you work for?
    And yes that's my wife's car, I might be a gear head but I know how it works

John Palmer is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '32 High Boy, '60 VW, Teardrop Trailers

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Thurm
    Wow John, that was very nice of you. We really try at Kendon. Who do you work for?
    And yes that's my wife's car, I might be a gear head but I know how it works
    I'm the service manager at Orange County Motorsports in Santa Ana, CA. It's part of a family owned "very high" volume eight store dealership chain. We sell Kawasaki, Suzuki, Victory, and Triumph vehicle brands at our Santa Ana dealership location.

I have have been at O/C Motorsports for the past two years and worked for the OEM's in the motorcycle industry for many years. I live in the North Tustin area, and drive a "rusted" RodBod highboy everywhere, LOL.

So, how come I'm not getting my royalties from the "don" part of this business venture??

Don

So, how come I'm not getting my royalties from the "don" part of this business venture??

Don
    My wife named the business after a Volkswagen repair shop in Long Beach. I did have a partner named Don but it only lasted a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by John Palmer
    I'm the service manager at Orange County Motorsports in Santa Ana, CA. It's part of a family owned "very high" volume eight store dealership chain. We sell Kawasaki, Suzuki, Victory, and Triumph vehicle brands at our Santa Ana dealership location.

I have have been at O/C Motorsports for the past two years and worked for the OEM's in the motorcycle industry for many years. I live in the North Tustin area, and drive a "rusted" RodBod highboy everywhere, LOL.
    John,
    I would like to come by your store and meet you if that would be O.K. with you. Tell me what is a good time.

Reply To Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast