Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: Cool Garages

Reply To Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 ... LastLast
    plymouth71 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

Exclamation Cool Garages

A few Months ago there was an article in a hot rodding magazine about cool garages. I can't find it, but I'm sure I have it in my collection. The main focus of the story was a bout a guy who lucked out in finding a 50-60's pre fab gas station complete with repair bays, and all the fixins. It had been stored in a trailer. Does anyone remeber which magazine this article was printed in? I'm trying to design my own, and I thought would be a good starting point...

mouselover is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1923 T

garages

I would be interested in that article myself. I'm in the designing stage of building a barn. Is this garage going to be just for your hotrod habit or for a bussiness to. Rich

Personal, I'm designing my home, two car garage for my daily drivers, and I want a shop/garage/rec room for at the back of the yard. Y'know, a place for my friends to take cool pics of their cars, for me to work on my cars and a warm place to day dream in the winter. I want it to look like an old service station. I work for a GM Dealer in Canada, here's a T-shirt design that approximates what I want.

lets try that again

here's the pic. btw what year/style of corvette(s) do you own? One of my salesmen has a 63 fuelie with large fuel tank and two bar knockoffs. 119 miles on the clock. I'll tell ya the story next time...

Brent Mills is offline CHR Member/Admin Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1964 Shelby 427 Cobra rep

My Social Networking

Follow Brent Mills On Twitter

I saw a show in HGTV a while back called "Extreme Garages". Many, I was drooling through the whole show. I especially liked the garages with living spaces such as fireplace and furniture right there in the garage. VERY cool!
    Brent Mills
    Club Hot Rod
    www.clubchopper.com
    www.clubcobra.com
    www.usafiat500.com

ohekk is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 34 Ford Roadster - 51 Merc - 33 Austin

Extreme Garage!

My wife & I recently purchased a 1950's Studebaker dealership in the heart of town.

She got sick of living in the country for our entire married life and
    wants to be able to walk to stores & restaurants rather than drive 20-30 minutes.

This place is pretty cool. It's got a 1000 sq ft glassed in show room with a beautiful terazzo floor. 4200 sq ft of "Shop" space and another 1200 ft "body shop"

Our renovation plans include adding a living space above the shop.

My car buddies have nominated my wife for Sainthood!

I second the nomination Rich

My Social Networking

Re: Extreme Garage!

Originally posted by ohekk
    My wife & I recently purchased a 1950's Studebaker dealership in the heart of town.

wants to be able to walk to stores & restaurants rather than drive 20-30 minutes.

This place is pretty cool. It's got a 1000 sq ft glassed in show room with a beautiful terazzo floor. 4200 sq ft of "Shop" space and another 1200 ft "body shop"

Share some pictures! Sounds VERY nice!
    Brent Mills
    Club Hot Rod
    www.clubchopper.com
    www.clubcobra.com
    www.usafiat500.com

Pictures?

I've still got one of those antique cameras that use film!

If I could get a digital picture, then I'd have to figure out how to post it!

'puter challenged!

dangeroustoy is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 32 Ford Hi Boy Roadster

I could help...

If you want to you could send me the photos in the mail, I could scan them and e-mail them to you or, I could post them here for everyone to see...

I would be happy to help...

Dave Brisco

My Social Networking

Sherrie and I had our reception in a converted garage at an old mansion. - the wood floors, and it would have been perfect!! Beautiful old style, 3 bays with folding doors, and windows all around. I need more money!
    Brent Mills
    Club Hot Rod
    www.clubchopper.com
    www.clubcobra.com
    www.usafiat500.com

mouselover is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1923 T

Re: Extreme Garage!

Originally posted by ohekk

I second the nomination Rich
    I didn't edit your reply ,I just went under Quote Rich( Mouselover)

Saint hood!

Thanks for the clarification Rich!

Though my wife is no Mother Theresa, she is definately one of a kind (34 years worth!)

We just got occupancy of the building and will be getting some pics to post (may have to take Dave up on his offer to help)

Our new "home" is awesome!

For now we're concentrating on cleaning out and fixing/repairing years of neglect!

It may be a year or two to complete but it is certainly a car guys dream come true!

In the meantime, car projects are "on hold"

Tom

Bob Parmenter is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 32, 40 Fords,

Many of you have looked at the picture in my gallery of the appallingly cramped garage space we had at our previous house. The garages behind the Cobra and '36 were units we rented for those cars and the '33. The '56 wagon resides in Las Vegas, but will likely be for sale before year end.
    Anyway, we just moved back out to the 'burbs, to Maple Valley, where the house already has an 850 foot garage, and, yesterday, we broke ground for an additional 700 foot (we're also giving ourselves a complete kitchen remodel , so it isn't ALL just about cars!)
    It's not nearly as neat as an old gas station, or a vintage converted car dealership, but it will be nice to have the cars AND equipment all in one spot. The '36 should be painted and ready for assembly by year end, and the '32 coupe has been on the back burner waaaaaayyyyyyyy too long.
    Your Uncle Bob, Senior Geezer Curmudgeon

It's much easier to promise someone a "free" ride on the wagon than to urge them to pull it.

Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity converge.

Ron Lee is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 40 Chevy

I leveled our back yard of the space we didn't need and built a 3 car garage. As I'm get older, it getting tougher to jack up a car, stick the jackstands in, lower the car, etc., etc.

I bought an electric lift and installed it and its great I can keep one car on the rack, one underneath the rack and one adjacent. I still have room for a workbench and to walk around in. What would cap the whole thing would be checkered floor tile (black and white) but they get a little pricey.

Don Meyer is offline Moderator Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 48 GMC trk & a 66 Rolls Royce

I saved all my working life for a retirement home w/a nice garage.
    The garage is a 6 bay w/a hydraulic hoist, 10 hp air compressor & MIG & TIG welders. I having a ball building cars & helping my friends.
    In the last 5 yrs. I have built a 32 cab(now sold), a 31 Ford slant windshield, a EM Shelby Cobra w/a metal hardtop & windows. I am now working on a 66 Rolls Royce. It was a unit body car w/sub-frames. I removed the sub frames & made a highly modified GM frame for it. It has a 9" rear end & a 350 crate motor w/a 700r4 trans. ...........Don
    Don Meyer, PhD-Mech Engr(48 GMC Trk/chopped/cab extended/caddy fins & a GM converted Rolls Royce Silver Shadow).

Reply To Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 ... LastLast