Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: International/Ford

Reply To Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lamin8r is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 60 F100 truck

Quote Originally Posted by TooMany2count View Post
    I love it & wished I had my other project done & had the extra $$$ to put one together myself.
    I love how the term of low buck beater trucks/cars have turned into what so many now called (I'm going to be ) a "ratrod".
    Cause there is nothing "ratty" about that truck.
    The person who started that term should be slapped...joe
    Amen to that,Joe...even if some of them do fit the term...
    Micah 6:8

If we aren't supposed to have midnight snacks,,,WHY is there a light in the refrigerator???

Robin.

luckyfasteddie is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery

fuzzy lines

This truck - which I like very much - is a fine example of what I call moving to the next level. This truck is definatly ratrod inspired , as are a lot of vehicles I have seen at car gatherings lately . Design-build-drive = lots of fun .
    Failing to plan is planing to fail

dlotraf33 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 48 Ford Truck

Cool Whada ya think?

So what do you guys think. I lowered the bed almost 3", and yesterday I got my piecrusts. Tasty.............. It raised back end about 1 1/2 and tire just comes up to bottom side of bed. New headers comming, (hopefully by weekend). Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sanderson. One just wasn't enough.
    DSCF2790-600.jpg
    DSCF2791-600.jpg

BITCHEN.................

shine is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 47 inderweed

hotrods are suppose to be fun or at least they were. your truck looks like a ton of fun. i wouldn't call it a ratrod though. too nice for that.

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    hotrods are suppose to be fun or at least they were. your truck looks like a ton of fun. i wouldn't call it a ratrod though. too nice for that.
    I call it "Lil Rat Bastard", cause its not traditional, a true hot rod to me is more 30's body style, ya know deuce or a. Like most have said it's too nice to really be a rat. As far as I have seen almost no one would have bothered to use that cab back in 50's or 60's, at least not like that. I'm not real big on clasifying things, but to me it doesnt fit anywhere. Hence the name. Although it is loosly based on a drag truck my uncle was building in 67 and 68. I dont know exactly what cab he used maybe late 40's chevy or international. He really liked the rounded caps, didnt care that much for an a or the 32. He narrowed it and chopped it. Had it sitting on a tube drag chassis, slid almost to the rear wheels. No one can remember what body he used, he was going to race it at Beach Bend and later make it street legal for my cousin. My cousin was killed in an auto accident and after that my uncle just gave up on everything. My dad said he cut it up and had it hauled off for scrap. I was 10 in 67 and my uncle was one of the reasons I developed the "Hot Rod Sickness". I wish someone had pictures of that, I'd like to duplicat it, and finish it. Oh well.

Whiplash23T is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '23 Ford T Roadster

Hiya dlotraf33, Your little pickup is cool and using that International cab is a neat finishing touch. What I would like to know is what make are those wheels you have? And adore your piecrust tyres, I don't think we would be able to legally use them over here,but a pair would look cool on the back of my Bucket. Can I also add, that the material you chose for your interior is way cool. To me your truck is certainly not what I would call a "rat rod" and just get out there and drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash23T View Post
    Hiya dlotraf33, Your little pickup is cool and using that International cab is a neat finishing touch. What I would like to know is what make are those wheels you have? And adore your piecrust tyres, I don't think we would be able to legally use them over here,but a pair would look cool on the back of my Bucket. Can I also add, that the material you chose for your interior is way cool. To me your truck is certainly not what I would call a "rat rod" and just get out there and drive it.
    And drive the heck out of it I Do. The tires are border line legal, dot casings and 2 rain groves. (yeah right). I suppose it depends on the cop. My inspection station says they would pass it though, although that might be more of a courtsy for me. The wheels are aluminum slots 15 x 8 1/2 rear and 14 x 6 front. The fronts are ET, not sure on rears, made in usa cast in backside though. I appriciate the compliments. The interior was material donated to me so all it cost was a can of glue 9.99 + tax, and a handfull of hog rings.

shine is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 47 inderweed

my favorite car that i have owned was a 66 nova ss clone. it was an all original car that we put a straight axle under. bb 4 speed car with 4:11 gears. a hotrod is a hotrod to me. before 1969 there was no such thing as a streetrod . they were all hotrods .

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    my favorite car that i have owned was a 66 nova ss clone. it was an all original car that we put a straight axle under. bb 4 speed car with 4:11 gears. a hotrod is a hotrod to me. before 1969 there was no such thing as a streetrod . they were all hotrods .
    Thats very true. Now everything has to have some catagory or classification. back about 30 years ago I bought a 62 chevy nova with a straight axle under it. It was bieng built as a drag car, and I turned it into a street car, powered by an overhead cam pontiac 6 cyl, and muncie 4 speed. A little squirly but pretty cool.

Whiplash23T is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '23 Ford T Roadster

Hi, thanks for your reply. When I purchased my bucket there was a set of Western wheels that look just like that on it, and I think they were made in the USA. The other question I forgot to ask is, can you tell us a wee bit about how the engine runs etc with the dummy blower as a carb spacer, any problems etc?? I would like to put one of those small B&M street blowers with my triple 2's on top on my bucket. I got room for V type belts but I not after that blower whine more the look and ,heck something else to polish all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash23T View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply. When I purchased my bucket there was a set of Western wheels that look just like that on it, and I think they were made in the USA. The other question I forgot to ask is, can you tell us a wee bit about how the engine runs etc with the dummy blower as a carb spacer, any problems etc?? I would like to put one of those small B&M street blowers with my triple 2's on top on my bucket. I got room for V type belts but I not after that blower whine more the look and ,heck something else to polish all the time.
    I pulled rotors and used only the case. fabricated plates for ends, top and bottom. It actually has an insert down the center, sealed on top and bottom.
    I discovered a piece of 4" steel square post, the type used for supports in construction and signs, which has more rounded corners than 4 x 4 box steel, is exactly the same inside dia. as a holly square bore gasket. The blower mounts on top of a std edlebrock performer manifold that i got off ebay for $15. Originally I was going to angle cut a spacer to go underneath blower. This would have mounted the blower parallel to block deck, and then I was going to make a dummy v-belt drive. I still may at some point. So esentially I have a square bore carb spacer. The blower housing is just window dressing. I was originally going to run 3 duces using a vintage speed 3 2bbl to 4bbl adaptor, but felt that since this was longer than blower it wouldn't look right. But that was just my opinion on the look. I have seen 8 2bbl's on top of blower and all those carbs look pretty cool. I assume if the housing was sealed up properly with no vac leaks it would work similar to a tunnel ram, although I am sure flow would not be as good. I was more worried of all the potential leaks than anything else. So I came up with the insert. I ran into a guy at the drags last weekend that has either a 4-71 or 6-71 in which he is hiding his alternator inside. I have to see the inside of this as I haven't figured out in my mind how he is routing the fuel mixture thru that. Hot Rodders are very creative.

Whiplash, On the wheels, Back when those were real popular there probably was a least half a dozen companies making that type of wheel. I actually hated those back in the mid 70's because everyone had them. At the time the were the least expensive aluminum wheel you could get. But now you hardly see em. And it was the era I was after.
    Last edited by dlotraf33; 05-06-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling

42K3 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 1942 IH K3

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dlotraf33 View Post
    So what do you guys think. I lowered the bed almost 3", and yesterday I got my piecrusts. Tasty.............. It raised back end about 1 1/2 and tire just comes up to bottom side of bed. New headers comming, (hopefully by weekend). Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sanderson. One just wasn't enough.
    Attachment 43473
    Attachment 43474

BITCHEN.................
    Gtreat use of Triple Diamond IH iron.

Reply To Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2