Welcome to Club Hot Rod!  The premier site for everything to do with Hot Rod, Customs, Low Riders, Rat Rods, and more. 

•  » Members from all over the US and the world!
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Thread: 429 stroker/build question Newbie!

Reply To Thread
    71mach1 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 71 ford mach1 mustang

429 stroker/build question Newbie!

Hi I am new to this site and from reading the threads everyone here is friendly and has a great knowledge about things which I thank you all very much.

I am looking to build and install a built 429 into my 71 mach 1 that has 36k original miles on it and been in the family since new, it originally came with the 351c that is in it now, I am looking to take that out and store it so I don't beat up the original motor due to it already being completely built up in the mid 70's, and I have a feeling that the motor may be getting tired from all the passes on it lol thanks dad!

Now for my Question I want to do a 501 stroker kit in the 429 do I have to use 429 rods or can I use the 460 rods that come with the kit. I know that the 429 and 460 piston pin locations are different from what I have read, will the 460 rods work or do I have to use the 429 rods. I am looking to get some aluminum heads any suggestions on a high flowing performance reasonably priced heads?
    Sorry so long of a post just kind of excited to get this going and meet some of you guys. Thank you guys

Dave Severson is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: '67 Ranchero, '57 Chevy, '82 Camaro,

Use the crank, rods, and pistons that come in the kit. Welcome to CHR by the way! Sounds like a nice old Mustang, hope you get some pictures of it up for us to see!
    Last edited by Dave Severson; 05-15-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: clumsy fingers hit the wrong button again!
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, Live for Today!
    Carroll Shelby

Learning must be difficult for those who already know it all!!!!

71mach1 is offline CHR Member Visit my Photo Gallery
    Car Year, Make, Model: 71 ford mach1 mustang

Thank you very much for the reply I will get some pics of her up soon as it gets a little nicer out! as for now going to go pick up my 429 so I can get it down to the shop to start the work.

pat mccarthy is offline CHR Member/Contributor Visit my Photo Gallery

why stop at 501 i put my kit togther on the ones i built .i used the cast steel crank Scat. chevy bbc long rods I or H beam and SRP pistons.you can buy a kit but i like to pick the parts i want to use
    Irish Diplomacy ..the ability to tell someone to go to Hell ,,So that they will look forward to to the trip

Reply To Thread